News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

pak96.comic Translation Questions

Started by An_dz, October 04, 2010, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

pak96.comic is one of my favorites paks and I started to translate it to Portuguese, since nothing was done.
But I got stuck at some things:
1.What "fill map with trees" should do? I clicked it millions of times and got nothing.

2.Some goods I don't know what are they:
Metall - Is that Steel? Cause there's a factory where Coal and "Erz"(next line) are mixed and become it.
Erz - It's Iron? Cause it's mixed on same above factory with coal, but what about...
Farbpulver_rot, or English translated to "rouge" - What is that, automatic translation gives me "Color red powder"
Ersatzteile, or English translated to "parts" - Car pieces for reposition?

3.Also found some strings that are missing at Simutranslator:

Missing Strings
tonnen
paletten
Stämme

jonasbb

Erz means ore. Probably iron ore.

Farbpulver_rot stands for a powder in the color red. Thats all what it means.
And rouge is not totally correct because the red powder is produced in the color mine.

You can translate Ersatzteil with "replacement part" or with "spare/spare part".

The missing strings. Are they only for pak96.comic?

An_dz

Thanks, maybe sojo will give the truth meaning for it, by the way I'll translate that way.

And the missing strings are only for pak96.comic. I've tested with pak64, 128, 192.comic and all of them use their own text file or the base file. Did you note that there's a spacebar before them? Without, it doesn't work.
There are some more missing strings, but probably they are strings for objects from beta version of pak96 1.4.7.

Frank

the translator has not a high priority for the team pak96.comic

jonasbb

I wondered why "tonnen" is an extra translation string.
But if it is " tonnen" than it is clear for me.

sanna

Quote from: An_dz on October 04, 2010, 10:16:03 PM
Did you note that there's a spacebar before them? Without, it doesn't work.
For quite a few units (like kg etc) it looks ok to not have a space between the number and the unit, so it is implemented not to place a space there... Then other more wordlike units (like crates, barrels etc) have made their appearance, and then the translator needs to add the space manually... If it does NOT look ok in your language without a space, then you need to add the space manually for all units...

I am not a native English speaker, so "look ok" might be a wrong assumption on my behalf... if it is not ok, then perhaps a request to always add the space between number and unit would be in order?

Quote from: jonasbb on October 05, 2010, 09:53:40 AM
I wondered why "tonnen" is an extra translation string.
But if it is " tonnen" than it is clear for me.
Hm, I guess there is something with inheritance of strings that I am missing... There IS a string tonnen (http://simutrans-germany.com/translator/script/edit.php?obj_id=30614&version=0&obj_type=program_text) in base texts, should that not then be used if there is no string in the pakset file overriding it?

jonasbb

The string in the link is "tonnen".
So if you want to have " tonnen" (with space) you need to add a new string.

Thats why the pak96.comic have there their own strin.

Frank

Quote from: jonasbb on October 05, 2010, 03:41:58 PM
Thats why the pak96.comic have there their own strin.

pak96.comic has more of his own translations of the base texts.

Rather than proposing these texts for the base texts containing one wants to reinvent everything.

Additional expenses instead collaborative work.

examples ( for german )

pak96.comic enlarge map
Base texts enlarge map

pak96.comic Init map ...
Base texts Init map ...

pak96.comic labellist_title
Base texts labellist_title

Dwachs

Why are these strings in the pak96.comic at all? Is that really intentional? Or just an accident during some false importing?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.