News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

SMSC September 2012 Edition: Beautiful stations

Started by vilvoh, September 03, 2012, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

After the summer break, we reboot the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest with a new edition. The September's topic is Beautiful stations. Using parks, monuments, station extensions, different way types etc to have a good looking station with a good looking surrounding, representative main entrance or something like that. Use of public player allowed, and encouraged.
Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Beautiful stations
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 18th September. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Spacethingy

Pyramid Junction

Description
The ancient resting place of the Pharaohs is now disturbed by the presence of an external transit hub. Why would an intercontinental container port be built by a pyramid? Who knows...

Game/pak
Not a real game, built with Public Service in pak98.comic
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

Enkort

Chigasaki
Let me show you another place in my implementation of Tokyo region: station in Chigasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan

Chigasaki Station was opened on June 15, 1898 for both passenger and freight service as part of the section of the Japan National Railway Tōkaidō Main Line connecting Yokohama with Kōzu. In 1921 it became a terminus of Sagami Line.
The station building was reconstructed in 2006 to include a multi-story department store.
real game, pak128.japan

rainer

Sorry folks, for presenting a jobsite which isn't finished. I hope you like it.

Description:
Front buildings of Amsterdam Centraal and the hall of Cologne Hauptbahnhof.

Pakset:
pak64.ho-scale, with additions from the developement branch (not published yet).

Sarlock

Lions Bay, upscale neighbourhood of the larger metropolis of Vancouver.  This station serves the residents of this area and connects to the Whitevale-Potsdam main train line with service to Vancouver International Airport through North Vancouver.

Real game (modifications using public player), Pak128.  Game date: January 19, 1962.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

mew

Description
Train seen through the glass is characterized by the station.
At the same time as the elevated line, east side of the station was redeveloped.

Pakset
Pak128 +addons

Junna

The single track unelectrified was the first station in the area, built as an extension of a short goods-only line; new platforms were then provided for the terminus of skipping long-distance services to the west (the reversing sidings of which are also visible). With the extension of services towards the north and east, new through services are also operated, as well as a local stopping service for the urban area. The station is less conveniently located in relation to the city centre, but proved a good choice nevertheless due to the more generous space for future expansion available without having to resort to demolition of entire city blocks. In total the station is served by 7 services, including the high-speed line (though it is far from the most used station on the map); the line furthest east, without platforms, is the goods-dedicated avoiding lines, which at the moment sees only infrequent and limited oil traffic.

Pak64.japan and countless addons.

Fabio

All beautiful submissions so far! Let's see if anyone can do better!

mEGa

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Roads

The facts:
Version 111.3.1, pak128, version version 2.1.0, no addons for this shot, not from an actual game
There is only one station.  The underground stops, mail and passenger, as well as the train station are part of the above ground stops and airport.

The story:
This little city was built by a wealthy steel magnate to access the many ski resorts in the area.  The city hall is used mostly as a bed and breakfast for stranded passengers during inclement weather.  In addition to the usual modes of transportation, there is a dog sled available most of the time.  The driver really wanted to pose for the picture but was urgently called away to carry medical supplies to an injured skier.

Raiser

Hi Everyone , I'm (Simu) Raiser from Hannover, Germany. I've been playing Simutrans for quite a while and i enjoy it! This is my first Post and i introduce myself with this beautiful Station  :)

Description:

Combined Train, Underground, Tram & Bus Network Station of Capital Simucity including different levels. The Simutrans MasterBuilder has his own Helicopter waiting on the Southside if he arrives to verify from Air that everything is well  :police:

Game/Pak:

real game, pak128 & a lot addons

Here is another screenshot from the whole setting (not participate in the contest because of the resolution) i made first before i realized that the solution is max 800x600:

deadlyboring

It is June 2013, when British National Rail Museum celebrates 75th anniversary of the fastest ever recorded run of a steam locomotive. For tourist purposes NRM runs a few Class A4-steam powered services across the country, such as the 4:10 London Fenchurch Street to Southend service, which just passes Docklands Light Railway's main Hub Tower Hill. While steaming towards next stop Limehouse, a c2c Upminster-Fenchurch Street service is approaching it's terminus.

the facts:
pak128.britain on a 2%-completed Greater London map. Huge use of Public Player, only rolling stock is owned by companies.