News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Simutrans dat color highlight and auto-complete for SublimeText

Started by An_dz, January 25, 2013, 03:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Here's a color highlighter for Simutrans dat files with auto-complete for Sublime Text.

Sublime Text is a nagware cross-browser python-based editor. It's a very powerful editor with lot of awesome features and around one thousand plugins/themes/highlighters/etc. Some very complex, like Emmet

I started creating this when I wanted a way to make sure pak96.comic sources were correct, and later to make it easier to edit.

Some screens of the highlighter in use (click to enlarge):

Showing the wrong and correct:

The auto-complete. Start typing front, select it and then just hit the letter to change. Click tab to navigate to next texts:

Also have auto-complete for full object types, here to create a pedestrian:

I read that it's compatible with TextMate, an open-source Mac only editor. But I don't have a Mac to test.

Installation
First, remove the .pak in the filename.
In some installations you can double click.
To manually install, put the file in ..\Sublime Text 2\Installed Packages\

Zeno

Wow, looks cool, really! Although I'd love a np++ plugin instead ;D

Fabio

I made a rudimentary np++ highlighter, I could easily share it.

An_dz

Quote from: Zeno on January 25, 2013, 04:15:41 PM
Wow, looks cool, really! Although I'd love a np++ plugin instead ;D
I took a look how to create the syntax highlight and auto-complete on NPP. And C++ programming? Are you serious?
Not that I don't know C or C++, but I'm a very beginner and I would take weeks or months to create it.

It's a major work comparing with this Sublime/TextMate package that took 2 or 3 days to create.
Quote from: Fabio on January 26, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
I made a rudimentary np++ highlighter, I could easily share it.
It would be nice Fabio. Have you created through Custom User Language or you used C++ or other language?

An_dz

I see some people dowloaded it, don't know if they are using but I've updated it.
Some missing and wrong highlights were included/fixed.