News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Wrong fields in time

Started by Václav, June 20, 2013, 08:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I found that fields don't change their images as they should - with one month delay.

I saw it in pak96.comic with flax fields. There is graphics clear in way of seeing if there is spring, summer or so on.

Winter - it begins in December but fields change in January
Spring - it begins in March but fields change in April

and so on.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Vladki

I have to bump this thred.

I just hit on this same problem, it looks awkward when autumn field (with ripe crops) is displayed until end of year and is suddenly covered by snow. As most fields are harvested at end of summer or beginning of autumn, I decided to move the fields in pak128.CS one season earlier. Showing green field immediately after the show has melted seems to me less awkward.

Perhaps a more fine grained display - months instead of seasons - would be desirable?

Leartin

You can define up to 96 images for fields, which will cycle through the course of a year. Except that the last graphic is always snow.

I suppose this is also why fields use a different cycle with four graphics, and it means that you could define each graphic three times in a row, with the first two and the second to last being winter, to achieve the exact same season change as with other graphics.

Vladki

Quote from: Leartin on December 20, 2015, 05:56:43 PM
You can define up to 96 images for fields, which will cycle through the course of a year. Except that the last graphic is always snow.

Wow, I did not know that. All info I could find was about 5 images (4 seasons + snow). I have tried with 12+1 images and it works as expected. Thank you.