News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Help with makeobj

Started by Asdfe, October 09, 2016, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdfe

I'm trying my hand at modding, and downloaded makeobj 52. However, when I try to run it all that happens is a command prompt opens and closes. I think the issue might be that I'm using Windows XP (I'm using an old computer I have for this). If so, what was the last version of makeobj compatible with XP?
How do you know what you would know if only you knew what you don't know now?

Ters

Quote from: Asdfe on October 09, 2016, 07:01:26 PM
I'm trying my hand at modding, and downloaded makeobj 52. However, when I try to run it all that happens is a command prompt opens and closes. I think the issue might be that I'm using Windows XP (I'm using an old computer I have for this). If so, what was the last version of makeobj compatible with XP?

At least makeobj 52, considering that the program started and did not crash. You should look up tutorials and stuff for modding. Makeobj is not a point-and-click experience, you write "cryptic" commands in a file, then run "cryptic" command on the command line. (If you start makeobj from the command prompt, the prompt will stay open so you can read what makeobj told you, but I don't think that will help much.)

Asdfe

Ah, I see my issue. Thanks for the link. So, I place the dat and png files in a folder with a bat file with the commands, and then run it.
How do you know what you would know if only you knew what you don't know now?

Ves

Yes, as well as the makeobj.exe!
If you in the batch file type ..\makeobj (put ..\ in front) you can have the makeobj in the parent folder, useful if you have several folders with dat files and png's and dont want multiple makeobj.exe's in every folder.