News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Shades version 6.1

Started by VS, June 25, 2010, 11:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello,
after some time here is a mostly bugfix version... one new thing is the recoloring tool, which can be used to add easily player colours to your graphics.

Upgrade recommended.

DOWNLOAD - less than 1 MB.

(You can get sources at my site.)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Superb! Updated and everything working fine. Great job!! :award:

IgorEliezer

Just a question: Shades is translatable?

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Leartin

VS, would it be possible to add transparency, now that it can be used in Simutrans?

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Leartin on January 21, 2017, 06:57:54 PM
VS, would it be possible to add transparency, now that it can be used in Simutrans?
Sheesh, you better send him a private message (perhaps he'll get an email notification). He barely visits the forum every month or two.

VS

Since I last worked on Shades, the following things stopped working:

• Delphi 7 was not really supported even back then. And it's been some 10 more years or so? I think there wasn't too much functionality depending on "calling the mothership", but still I would have to make it think it's registered, somehow. It also runs reliably only on Windows XP.
  • Delphi >7 is not free of charge.
  • The library for graphics is no longer developed and likely not compatible with Lazarus.
  • The library I used for loading PNGs was abandoned even back then.
To summarize, the world has moved on and I can not easily resurrect the sources, even if I had the space to do so.

EDIT: Ha, curious - graphics32 is on github and has a helper lib for png, plus Lazarus support. Tempting :) Also, now that I have more Linux machines than Windows, I could look into making it work elsewhere...

EDIT2: Haha, Delphi now costs almost 2 thousand €. I should have started saving when I was out of school :D Good luck milking that cow!