News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

files.simutrans-germany.com

Started by Frank, November 24, 2008, 04:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

The site create for a uncomplicated way to exchange files.

file lifetime:

- without username: 1 day
- with username, but without password: 30 days
- with both, depending on setting: up to 999 days -  Default is 60 days.

file size up to 20 MB

It was created because of the small attachment limits here on the forum (and on the German forum it's not much better either). And sending by email, putting things on a server, link to, and then remember to delete were a bit complicated in the long run. And also it can be a pain to register with several different file services, that have their own limits and regulations, sometimes don't have a multi-language interface ... far from perfect.

for translating see attached file

There is no user management though.
Username and password are stored in an ini file for each file - so they don't have to match every time.
In fact username and password are only meant to enable people to filter files for their own, so that they can handle/delete them more easily.

vilvoh

Spanish translation done.... and pole!

BTW, I've to thank Frank for the language support he gives in all the projects he manages. I'm sure people appreciates your effort....thanks again.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

KrazyJay

Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

Frank

Thanks for translating

Quote from: vilvoh on November 24, 2008, 04:35:59 PM
BTW, I've to thank Frank for the language support he gives in all the projects he manages. I'm sure people appreciates your effort....thanks again.

I know how difficult it is to find information if you can not speak language.

Sun gave it to me when I started 3 years ago, an online help to write. Later I favor these pages to the wiki no longer cared.

Therefore, it is a pity that the developer part in the German wiki is not translated to the gathered infos many people to make accessible.

vilvoh

Frank

Quote from: vilvoh on November 24, 2008, 09:27:08 PM
Give us time... ;D

yes

the problem ist, translating german to english befor translating in other languages

this is a part to german users

vilvoh

Well, it really doesn't matter. With some help, I might translate directly from german.

MHD

Is there a problem with the file sizes, currently?
It says, my file of 1.44MB, is too big for upload...

vilvoh

I think I've found a strange behaviour.. I've just uploaded a file, and I left the file lifetime field blank, because I don't want it to be deleted. After that, I updated the list but it shows a remove date for that file that corresponds with a period of 999 days after the day I uploaded that file.. I did exactly the same process with a couple of files some days ago, and the interface didn't and currently don't show the remove date. Is this intended?

Frank

I changed the max save time to 3 years.

The text of delete day field is changed.

Quotewith both, depending on setting: up to 999 days - eventually even permanent (when the field is left blank, but that shouldn't be used excessively.).

56 files to empty delete date = 30 % from all files

files.simutrans-germany.com ist for temporarily saved files

and a many screenshots have not delete date, for screenshots -> http://www.racehunter.com/cpg1419/index.php

and a 700 kb png file for 2 fields grafic ist not positiv ( from hApo ), and not delete date

vilvoh

Perhaps, you should consider to put some file size restrictions, let's say 150 KB max for some file formats as png or jpg...

The Hood

I've been using simutrans-germany for mini-screenshots (jpgs) of new features in pakBritain for use in threads in the forum - because I wanted the message to remain with graphics I left the days to remain field blank (unlimited) - is this OK?  If not I will find elsewhere to host images in future...

vilvoh

For image hosting, would be better to use services like imageshack.us, postimage.org or photobucket. If you have an account in any google service, you can also use picassa web gallery with 1 GB of space for pics and photos. It really depends on the importance of the image you want to upload, basically to prevent image removal

Frank

@The Hood

You can create a pak128.britain section in english wiki.

Then upload the images an linking the wiki site in forum. Or linking the image in forum.