News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

New Templates for rail vehicles (especially - views

Started by Packer, April 02, 2012, 03:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Packer

IDK if this is the right place for this, but here goes.

I'm having some issues with - views. I used the template on the graphics site, and my converted TTD vehicles clipped, even though they lined up perfectly in the tempate.

I found out why here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=948.0

I recieved some advice from VS, but I'm kind of confused.
Quote from: Packer on March 28, 2012, 03:11:39 PM
Quote from: VS on March 28, 2012, 02:52:15 PM
Are the side views artificially lengthened? Simutrans can work with true sqrt(2) length on diagonals...
I don't think so. They line up with in length with the template on the graphics site. The template I used could be off. I've already re-aligned the vehicles to it. Guess the only way to know is to code it and see.

32 pixels = length 8 and 28 pixels= length 7 in the - views, right?
[/quote]

I made a new template, but it still has the same issue as the one on the graphics site.

My real question is how do you get the - views to not clip? I noticed Vilvoh's add-on vehicles seem to work right, but I don't know their lenghts.
The Pack is back!!

Pak64US vehicles, goods files, road, and terrain tiles: download here
Pak64US would greatly appreciate helpers to get it off the ground:Please Help

prissi

You could compile the images just with pak128 on the command line. Or you supply image offsets in horizontal direction in the makefile (just after the image name, seperated by commas),

ӔO

If you use the entire width, as in the SW view, you actually get length=24.
length=16 is considered 1 tile, so it is actually 1.5x as long.

If you want to make something longer, you can use offsets.

uhhh... I used to have some good examples of dat and png files in my maglev set, but the dat files are magically missing...
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Packer

Truth be told I made this post before Prissi told me about the "diagonal_length=1024" setting. I was just curious about what was nessecary to make vehicles that would be correct in the - views; before I found out about that setting.

Also the in the alignment template I posted, the SE view is 8 pixels too low. I have an updated template at home.

edit: updated template.
The Pack is back!!

Pak64US vehicles, goods files, road, and terrain tiles: download here
Pak64US would greatly appreciate helpers to get it off the ground:Please Help