News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Crash at specific time

Started by Junna, June 30, 2016, 10:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

May I ask what version of the customised pakset that you are using with this? I get a crash on loading with the "signalboxes" version that is consistent with a pakset incompatibility.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Oh, right, sorry about that. I had forgotten I had updated the signal box and signals for the pak due to changes you had made.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/axlh8k9dmei13lh/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.2J.rar

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this: I am currently at September 1902, 2:00:00 and I have not had this error.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

1902? Supposed to be 1936?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lensmrz2tllwnxj/ders33.sve

It always crashes at the exact same time, 26:12-26:34 or something. Also, at Whippoorwill station, there is a constant case of things getting stuck because the express line has a way point prior to the station (to get it into the fast line) which recurs frequently; the way point prior to the station seems to make it behave oddly. It seems to pass through the signal though it is occupied and the 'waypoint' is selected in schedule instead of the station, as if it doesn't recognise it has passed over the waypoint.

jamespetts

Apologies: I got the wrong saved game earlier. The problem is ultimately caused in part by an error in your signalling layout: the signal at 578,1399 is bidirectional when it ought to be unidirectional in this layout (or else train no. 1624 will attempt to create a directional reservation until the next reversing point).

However, obviously this should not cause a crash: I am working on a fix for that now.

This does show the disadvantage of cosmetic pieces such as the footbridges, as the fact that this signal was bidirectional was hidden behind the footbridge.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on July 01, 2016, 08:07:31 PM
This does show the disadvantage of cosmetic pieces such as the footbridges, as the fact that this signal was bidirectional was hidden behind the footbridge.

This can be a problem with regular stations too under some circumstance. It might be useful if there was a feature to "hide" or shadow stations like trees.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed the crash now; do you care to re-test?

Junna

DrSuperGood

Simutrans really needs a toggle-able functional view which disables all cosmetics.