News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Do Industries Grow as well?

Started by Silverx, June 24, 2014, 05:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverx

As the years go by!! Do Industries grow as well? Like cities? Meaning more Industries appearing!

DrSuperGood

In standard...
Every time the population of a town doubles (starting with a setting defined amount) new industries appear. Power industry is based on the amount of power consumed (a fraction of the total). Farm industries grow if heavily utilized by creating more fields nearby. Industries affected by passenger and mail services grow in their maximum passenger/mail % bonus as nearby towns grow (until they hit the maximum bonus).

In experimental...
The amount consumed by industries depends on the size of nearby towns. Good passenger services can boost this even further. Depending on pack balance there may be a recession (industries shut down reducing industry to person ratio). Power is similar to standard except towns also count as power consumers as well as industries so there may be more power available.

Silverx

OK! Then if you start a private game how many industries, cities, tourist destinations and how many A1's to teach you the roots of this game?

On Pak64 I make money but on Pak128 I am dismal!!

Mod note: please avoid double-posting. Edit your last comment instead.
~An_dz

DrSuperGood

I find it is best to view what other people are doing in servers and ask around. That is how I learnt the game.