News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Private multiplayer possible? "120.0" "7175""pak128.cz"

Started by Linaril, September 02, 2014, 12:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linaril

Hallo.

I´ve been playing Simutrans for quite a while and recently my roommate found passion in that game too. So we would like to play one game together. Each with his own company, from his own computer.

Despite playing a game for some time just this made me dig into configurations, forum guides. However only result is that I found myself lost in varios few years old topics and have no idea how to settle a server. Guides talking about changeing files I never found. Guides how to connect to public server that for long years does not exist any more. Guids about magical in-game button "create a server" that is nowhere to be found.

So basicly what I need is a step by step guide that would work for 7175 release and hopefully for pak128.cz. However we are willing to chose different pack if that would only be problem. And please take into account that we both know next to nothing about game files or in-game configurations.

Thanks a lot to any1 willing to help us.

Linaril

Junna

Make a short-cut to simutrans executable with -server added in the target field. This makes the program start in server mode, and your friend should, if correctly set-up with connection, etc, be able to connect using IP address.