News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

problem about v100.0 with pak128 1.4.3.1pre0-100-0

Started by ATE2, September 17, 2008, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATE2

Hi, I am a new user of this board, and i am not sure if i posted the topic at the right board or not.
I just upgrade my simutrans pak128 from 99.09.3 Windows version to 100.0 r1867 with pak128 1.4.3.1pre0-100-0 Windows version. After i copied all the pak from my 99.09.3 folder, i found out that an error message appear which said "FATAL ERROR: hausbauer_t::register_Besch<> building 1920_AirDepot duplicated. Then i tried to remove that pak. Afterwards, same message with different pak name appears and i removed those files, and finally i can run the program and load my save. However, i cannot open any tool menu, such as road, train, airport, and etc. So, i tried again but moving those pak files one by one, then i finally found out that if i didn't move the building.player.pak, then i can run the program without any error message and open all tool menu. However, i cannot load my save.
I want to know if there is anything i can do in order to load my save ?thx

Lmallet

That is because that version of pak128 is not supported by v100 (which is why it is called pre0-100-0).

To get it to work, download the 1.4.3.1 alpha version of pak128 here:  http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=15.0
or get the nightly from wernieman: http://www.wernieman.de/simutrans/index.en.html

ATE2

The file for the link you gave me is not really an alpha version. when i clicked the link, the file named pre100.0 is given instead of alpha version

wernieman

I hope you understand my English

DirrrtyDirk

Ok, here are my thoughts:

The word "pre" probably means pre-release (like just before the official release) not that it is meant for versions before 100.0.

Now to the problem:

It seems that something different has happened here: if I understood you correctly,  you have downloaded that pakset and then copied your old pakset into that new folder, too? Why did you do that?
When you have downloaded the new pakset that's enough - do not copy old stuff over it! (You can of course  copy addons - but you must be sure they really are only addons and not old pakset content.)

Anyway, now you probably have the same object in more than one file. That's why it says "duplicated", I think.

So try a clean install again (and don't copy any old stuff into it) - and see if that works.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

ATE2

Before i deleted the pak files that it said duplicated, i checked that it just only has one file named as the message shown.
However, when i deleted the pak named building.player.pak which the error message never asks me to do, then no message saying any pak is duplicated even i don't remove those files, and i can run into the game. But the problem is i cannot load my save :'(

DirrrtyDirk

The problem is that file names may change during different pakset versions.

Just one example: in release pak128 versions there is/was just one file "vehicle.player.all.pak". In the nightly pak128 however, you'll have 645 single vehicle files (which contain the same objects!). So if you copy both into the same folder you would not have any double file name warning or such - but the objects would be duplicated nonetheless.

As you see, object names can be different from file names.

However, an older savegame (without addons) should be able to load with newer pakset versions (given that the compat.tab is correct - and for some cases, where that is not enough, there is still the subfolder called "compatibility" in pak128 folder - that should contain other removed files). Have you tried those yet?

After that, problems should only be caused by addon files.

However, if you start simutrans with the parameters "-log 1 -debug" it will create a log-file called "simu.log" - the last couple of lines usually tell you what caused the crash (e.g. what objects of the savegame could not be found in the pakset).

ATE2

here is my pakset, you can try to see whay happen when it loads with 100.0
The pak set below can load my save, but can't load some tool menu.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hc2a5i

Below is the link when i just set up for 100.0, and it said some paks duplicated
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aqtxma

and this is my save
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aqtxma

DirrrtyDirk

Looking...

EDIT:
Instead of the savegame you have linked the 2nd pak128 again

EDIT2:

:o Wow this folder is a total mess... several hundred add-on files (over 600 by a quick count), along with .dat and .png files... you should try to organize that a little for the future or you might end up with the same problem again: not knowing what is original content and what's not - and therefore not knowing what to copy to a newer version and what not.

Anyway your problem (as far as I could see without the savegame) was, as I expected from the beginning: you had double objects (buildings) in your folder. Once in single files, and once merged into building.player.pak.

The complication is that your building.player.pak appears to contain (again hard to say for sure without a savegame) a few objects that are not present in your folder as single files. So when you deleted it, some objects were missing - that's probably why your savegame didn't load.

DirrrtyDirk

Ok. Doing something else right now - so it might take a while (until tomorrow at the latest) before I can take another look. Maybe just a couple of hours - dont know yet.

DirrrtyDirk

Ok, I have checked the savegame by now - and I could load your savegame with the first pakset (it crashed after a minute or so, though I didn't check what caused this yet) - and after removing building.player.pak I could also load the save with the second pakset. Didn't you say you couldn't after doing that?

That's however not a proper long term solution, I think.

You should really try and extract all add-ons (and nothing but add-ons!) and put a copy of them in a special folder. That way you can always start with a clear & working standard pakset and will know exactly what files you need to copy I for your savegame to work. Otherwise you might end up with the same problem again soon.

By the way: did you create that map on your own? Impressive stuff!  :) - except that you have the mother of all traffic jams right in front of Wan Chai townhall  ;D

ATE2

i tried again with the one without building.player.pak. When it loads the save, the program stops working. Then i tried the method you taught me, typing -log 1 -debug. Attached is a screenshot. Does it mean one of the pak called Tower1990_AirportBlg is missing? But i can't find it in my 99.09.3 version pakset or the new 100.0 pakset.