News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Badges for addons.simutrans.com members

Started by vilvoh, August 25, 2009, 09:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

As part of the new revamping addons.simutrans.com, Silver and I have thought that would be a good idea to somehow reward the authors which have any of their creations included in the repository. We can't give money, so we think a badge would be the cheapest solution...;D

This is the first try out (we already know it's hard to read..) 

It says: my addon in asc. imho, it's a good sentence, perhaps not gramatically correct, but due to space restrictions, we can be more specific. We would like to know your opinion about this kind of reward, and if you have any suggestions about new slogans, free feel to propose them.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Maragil

You could have the words ''Addon Creator'' as their tagline - ( like the Devotee one )

H./

IgorEliezer

Quote from: vilvoh on August 25, 2009, 09:15:24 PMIt says: my addon in asc.

No no no... That says: "Can't read;KTHXBYE".

I prefer "Addon Dev", a shorthand of "Addon Developer".

EDIT: Or else, Maragil's idea. ;D

Maragil

Quote from: IgorTekton on August 25, 2009, 09:41:07 PM

EDIT: Or else, Maragil's idea. ;D
/signed :o

However,maybe it could be  Published Addon Dev(or some abbreviation) to show its on Simutrans addons site perhaps ?

H./

Silver

Quote from: IgorTekton on August 25, 2009, 09:41:07 PM
I prefer "Addon Dev", a shorthand of "Addon Developer".

mmm I think it's too sorber :-\

would be better to something more personal and fun  ;), to make indication involved with object in the repository  ::)

Edit:
This is the example, but other colors

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Silver's color choices hurt my eyes :)

I vote for "Addon Author"... should fit.

Silver

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 26, 2009, 04:43:01 AM
Silver's color choices hurt my eyes :)

jajajaja ;D I think we need to vote for the bar colors :D jijiji

VS

"Addon maker" is the shortest I can think of...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

And what about some kind of a.s.c medals or thropies?

Uranium:200+ addons included in a.s.c
Diamond:100+ addons included in a.s.c
Platinum:50+ addons included in a.s.c
Gold:20+ addons included in a.s.c
Silver:10+ addons included in a.s.c
Bronze:1 addon included in a.s.c

Isaac Eiland-Hall

hmm... number of addons doesn't necessaily mean quality ones - but I guess same is true of forum posts :)

Not sure about Uranium - wouldn't that be uncomfortable to those that dislike nuclear power?

vilvoh

I used the RIAA certification categories as example. Anyway, I guess nobody will get the uranium medal, as great addons are usually included in the paksets, so according to the a.s.c rules & criteria, they can't be included in the repository. So, excellent quality ones go to paksets and good quality ones go to a.s.c.

Related to the number of addons, the quality of an addon is a subjective issue, although all    must meet the minimum requirements. Perhaps, in a future we might include an addons rating system in a.s.c. (a new task for robofish.. ;D) but right now, I'm afraid that the amount of addons included is the only way we can measure the contribution of an user to a.s.c....  :-\

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Oh, I'm familiar with Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond, just not so sure on Uranium. :) I'm not trying to complain or argue so much, if it sounds like it.

I did, however, go look to see if I could find a more common successor to Diamond:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bronze+silver+gold+platinum+diamond

One had "Super Elite" above Diamond. lol...

Didn't see any real inspiration before I lost interest... But it would be cool to have maybe... 250 be "Holy Cow!" or something :D

vilvoh

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 27, 2009, 10:37:44 AM
I did, however, go look to see if I could find a more common successor to Diamond:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bronze+silver+gold+platinum+diamond

One had "Super Elite" above Diamond. lol...

what about Ruby, Emerald or even Platonium!!...  :D

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 27, 2009, 10:37:44 AM
[..] But it would be cool to have maybe... 250 be "Holy Cow!" or something :D

We'll think about it when someone reaches that level. We want to encourage, but not so much .. ;D

Zeno

Just a suggestion: In Sacred2 (RPG game) we use bronze, silver, gold, platinum and niobium... and sounds cool 8)
Anyway you can look into an periodic element table :D

vilvoh

Lmallet

I think the top level should be "You are Raven".  :)

EDIT: Or should it be "I am Raven"?

VS

Given how much Raven, Vilvoh and Zeno produced and how long they have been around, it should rather read "You are from Spain" ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Silver

perhaps it is better so:

Diamond: 200+ addons included in a.s.c
Quartz: 100+ addons included in a.s.c
Platinum: 50+ addons included in a.s.c
Gold: 20+ addons included in a.s.c
Silver: 10+ addons included in a.s.c
Bronze: 1 addon included in a.s.c

up's, a problem, I am silver jijiji ;D :P

mobo

MhZ and Alexander Brose might also be close to 200 or above , but their creations went into official sets mostly.

But the idea is quite cool. I deserve bronze - Where do i get it ;D

vilvoh

Be patient, we're still gathering the different metals..