News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bug - Convoy resets classes in some circumstances

Started by Ves, December 13, 2017, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

I have noticed on the servers that my ships change classes back to their defaults by them self occasionally. It has bugged me alot, also since I could not find a point where they did so.
I now have discovered one occassion where they do that, namely when the game is saving.
Here are the steps to follow in order to trace the bug:

* Open this savegame: https://github.com/VictorErik/saved-games/raw/master/master/Bug%20-%20Automatically%20reset%20classes.sve
* Open the depot window in view and then the class manager of the convoy in view
* Reassign the class to "high"
* Close the window. Verify by opening the window again that the class is still "high"
* Now save the game
* After the save cyclus is over and the game is continuing, open the depot and the class manager again, and the class is reassigned back to default

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I think that I have managed to fix this, which fix should be available in to-morrow's nightly build. I should be grateful if you could confirm whether this fix has been effectual.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

jamespetts

I have now pushed an improved fix for this, which does not (as the original fix did) remove a fix for a previous issue - would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves