News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

(solved) fatal error

Started by rsdworker, May 27, 2010, 02:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsdworker

i tried to load the  Simutrans Experimental 8.0 but i got a fatal error - loadsave  t::rdwr_str_() expected "<boot>", got "<i16>0"

my specs is window XP and i ran older version fine without any faults

so any suggestions what was went wrong?

edit: solved - see my last post

vilvoh

Seems to be something from the xml config file. Perhaps you must update it or remove it.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

rsdworker

Quote from: vilvoh on May 27, 2010, 07:12:12 AM
Seems to be something from the xml config file. Perhaps you must update it or remove it.

but its had separate config - settings-experimental.xml but this shouldn't be affected because i have standard simutrans config xml but i removed that one and still displays a error - i think has do with something in save folders

vilvoh

I know, I meant that perhaps the 8.0 version config file is different from the previous releases, so it stores more information or the same information organized in a different way. In other words, it's not compatible. That's why I suggested you to remove it. Anyway, if it still displays the error message there must be something else..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

rsdworker

Quote from: vilvoh on May 27, 2010, 11:52:26 AM
I know, I meant that perhaps the 8.0 version config file is different from the previous releases, so it stores more information or the same information organized in a different way. In other words, it's not compatible. That's why I suggested you to remove it. Anyway, if it still displays the error message there must be something else..
yeah i removed it but its needs the hood or jamespotts to look its very odd bug

edit - that's was wierd - i removed the settings and its worked - i think settings-experimental.xml is cuprit