News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[bug v3.8] Saved games from v3.7 do not load in v3.8

Started by mwoodburn81, May 15, 2009, 02:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwoodburn81

I am having trouble getting a v3.7 save game to load in v3.8 in linux.   I got a save game from the nightly (v102 i think) to load.

Colin

Quote from: mwoodburn81 on May 15, 2009, 02:26:05 AM
I am having trouble getting a v3.7 save game to load in v3.8 in linux.   I got a save game from the nightly (v102 i think) to load.

I'm using 3.8 with SVE's from 3.7 and below with no problems. But you can't use Simutrans Standard Nightly's with Simutrans Experimental, It's a different .exe.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jamespetts

MWoodburn,

can you upload the game with which you are having trouble?

Colin,

save files from Simutrans-Standard can be loaded in Simutrans-Experimental, but save files from Simutrans-Experimental cannot be loaded in Simutrans-Standard.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Colin

Quote from: jamespetts on May 15, 2009, 06:22:10 AM

Colin,

save files from Simutrans-Standard can be loaded in Simutrans-Experimental, but save files from Simutrans-Experimental cannot be loaded in Simutrans-Standard.

Is that a new feature? I've got Simutrans Standard PK64 SVE's which I'd like to try in Experimental but every time I try that the game crashes before it even loads.

Well D*#@ me i just tried them and they work fine. Well at least with 151-r2449. I haven't tried 152 yet but I'm going to right now. Thanks once again James.

I'm really going to have to stop playing Experimental. I've just gone to the Simutrans Download page and found PAK64.153 and nightly r2458

Ok there seems to be a problem with the r2458 exe file. It comes up with Fatal Error  Simlinemgt)t::create_line() Cannot create default line

I'll pass it on to werner.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jamespetts

Colin,

glad that things are working for you now. And no need to stop playing Simutrans-Experimental ;-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.