News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Remember map position

Started by almaf, December 11, 2012, 06:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaf

I don't know, maybe it was proposed before.

I am playing a map of 1024*884 is not too big compared with others maps.

But I miss in Simutrans the ability, that other games have, to save map position:

-Press Ctrl F2-F5 to save map position (a overcrowded stop, a construction in progress, a city)
-Press F2-F5 to recall map position.

Maybe I am too lazy to navigate all map, but i believe that this feature would be a good extension.

Fabio

You can use labels to save locations and then use labels list to jump to the location.
Unfortunately I usually have problems in deleting a label.

almaf

The "markers" is a way, but cost money (not to much). I was thinking in something free.

TurfIt

This has been on my TODO list for ages. Actually a little more as I'd planned to allow saving groups of windows too.

Yona-TYT

I see no point to the fact charging money for the "Position markers"

Por cierto almaf, ese logo de venezuela esta buenísimo ;D

Fabio

Placing a marker buys the tile underneath. Especially in online games this can be exploited, hence a price is correct.
Probably it should be for few in single games.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Yona-TYT on December 11, 2012, 09:42:15 PM
I see no point to the fact charging money for the "Position markers"
I think Simutrans should have two distinct tools:

1) placeholder/land reservation tool, which would cost money, as expensive as buying a building (IRL, urban land is more expensive than rural land);
2) point reminder/lister, no cost, just an auxiliary tool to help the player navigate throughout the map.