News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bug: Track stay reserved

Started by Kirill Stepanoff, February 27, 2018, 08:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirill Stepanoff

I had noticed some strange train jams on stations, and tried to figure out how telegraph signals are working. So i build test railroad and then saw that train does not clear reservation, if another train will go in same direction both trains will stuck:

Savegame on google drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13yV_IhWYpr_lxZqhqk0aZAfq0a6s8m0o

Latest nightly downloaded as complete Simutrans-Extended zip, but 18-01-2018 and 30-01-2018 versions give the same results

If I remove the station tile on (137,31) the reservation will be clear after the next arrival of the train, and clears correctly on future passes.
If I replace presignal at(134,32) with choose signal, and remove one-way sign in (137,32) second train will reserve left way in similar manner, so the third train will stop at choose signal, then one of first two trains catch up him, resulting in emergency stop, clear of reservation, third train proceed, reserve 'cursed' track again, then the next train overruns, rinse, repeat.
Or, if the first train divert to right way (e.g. left way occupied by clockwise-going train), he will reserve that way also and jam counterclockwise direction with only two trains.
With choose signal removal of station tiles at (137, 31/32) also clears reservation on next pass of train.

PS. I can only build bi-direction signals (except end-of-signaling) on diagonal track (and description reads only one direction e.g. 'East'), might be a bug too, or related to this bug.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. This appears to have been caused by incorrect reversing information being encoded into the schedule resulting from vehicles reversing at the first stop at which they stop after leaving the depot. I have modified the code so that vehicles no longer count the first stop after leaving the depot when considering when it is a reversing stop to ensure that the vehicles are correctly oriented when saving this datum.

However, this fix will only apply to new schedules. Schedules with stops incorrectly marked as being reversing stops will continue to display this behaviour, as this would be the correct behaviour for a reversing stop.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.