News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Movement of airplanes on runway

Started by Burcak, March 17, 2015, 08:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burcak

Hello,

is it possible to change direction of airplane's movement and take-off on runway?

My problem is shown on link with image. I have one runway for landing and one runway for take-off. Runway for landing is OK, but second runway doesn't work. Airplanes move on runway according to arrows on runway (One-way runway signals) and take-off according to added red arrows. I tried rotate signals, build runway from different end, etc. Result is still same. Airplanes landing and take-off from end with higher number to smaller number. Does anyone know, what to do with it?

http://www.emperors.unas.cz/simutrans-letiste.jpg

Ters

First of all, in real life, airplanes will always take off with their nose pointing in the same direction they land (with extremely few, if any exceptions). This will be against the wind. Wind always blows from the south-east in Simutrans.

There is a switch that can be set when building Simutrans that supposedly causes aircraft to experience different wind conditions (from the code, it looks like the wind will always blow opposite to the direction the aircraft's general direction), but this requires building your own Simutrans. I'm also not sure how well this feature is tested.

ABC Producciones

[EN] Another option for it to work your aiport best way is nothing
but you have a track that serves for both options (landing and takeoff)

[ES] Otra opcion para que funcionara tu aereopuerto de mejor manera es que nada
mas tengas una pista que sirva para ambas opciones (de aterrizaje y despegue)