News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[SOLVED] Transparent building?

Started by stmaker, November 18, 2011, 07:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

I made a .pak file using PakHelper v3.2 with makeobj v51 using two files (.dat and .png - both found bottom of this post). The .pak file was made, so I tested a bit. The building details appeared but the building image didn't.

I edited .dat on Notepad. The dat file goes like this:

#movietheater2.png
obj=building
name=Movie Theater
description=Lots of people love to watch movies! You should come.
copyright=stmaker
intro_month=1
intro_year=2001
type=com
chance=100
level=10

Help me. I placed both of the files on the bottom of the post. (and one request - someone make me that one to .pak file ;))

EDIT: Solved. Thanks whoever helped me.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

An_dz

You haven't added the Image parameters, the dat don't say anything to the makeobj what png file is what view.

You might want to take a look at SNFOS and at the wiki.

Check the Portuguese wiki also, the existent pages are more detailed and have examples.

stmaker

Quote from: An_dz on November 18, 2011, 09:15:46 AM
You haven't added the Image parameters, the dat don't say anything to the makeobj what png file is what view.

Oh I see.

Because the wiki is made on Portuguese, I translated it to English.
Somehow I get confused and images don't show up.
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

VS

BackImage[0][0][0][0][0]=movietheater2.0.0

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

stmaker

Quote from: VS on November 18, 2011, 09:48:18 AM
BackImage[0][0][0][0][0]=movietheater2.0.0

Oh thank you VERY MUCH. ;)

EDIT: Would be nice if someone edit those articles in the wiki to give a summary. of making addons. :)

An_dz

Quote from: stmaker on November 18, 2011, 09:51:17 AM
EDIT: Would be nice if someone edit those articles in the wiki to give a summary. of making addons. :)
I'm doing it, but slowly... ;D