News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Can't start Simutrans

Started by michael459, August 17, 2008, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael459

when i try to run simutrans i get this message on a black screen
you have multiple pak sets to choose from.
choose one graphics set for playing:
to avoid seeing this dialogue define a path by:
-adding 'pak_file_path = pak/' to your simuconf.tab
-using '-objects pakxyz/' on the command line

can someone help me out?
(i'm not english but dutch so  ;D)

Combuijs

Is there a "pak" directory in your Simutrans directory? There should be one. If that's not the case, you must download a pak file that is compatible with the Simutrans version you have downloaded. If you've downloaded a pak file with a different name (for instance pak128) then you should tell Simutrans which pak-directory you are using. That can be done by giving command arguments on a command line, but more easily by executing a batch file. I've included one here, put it in the Simutrans directory (rename it to "simutrans.bat" as this forum does not accept batch files...)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

michael459

Quote from: Combuijs on August 17, 2008, 05:58:18 PM
Is there a "pak" directory in your Simutrans directory? There should be one. If that's not the case, you must download a pak file that is compatible with the Simutrans version you have downloaded. If you've downloaded a pak file with a different name (for instance pak128) then you should tell Simutrans which pak-directory you are using. That can be done by giving command arguments on a command line, but more easily by executing a batch file. I've included one here, put it in the Simutrans directory (rename it to "simutrans.bat" as this forum does not accept batch files...)
ja ben nederlands dus xD ik kan alleen maar kieze tusse config, font, music en text bij men simutrans map

martin

[Dutch]  Als er geen 'pak' map is moet je deze toevoegen in de simutrans map.

Let er verder even op dat dit een internationaal forum is: dus buiten de NL sectie in het engels je berichten plaatsen!  Als dat moeilijk voor je is dan kun je je vragen in de NL sectie in het nederlands kwijt. Er zijn voldoende nederlanders op het forum die je vragen kunnen beantwoorden.  En als zij het ook niet weten stellen ze de vraag wel voor je in het engels....

[English] Just responded to the question from michael459: If there is no 'pak' map in the simutrans folder he has to create one.
Furthermore I've asked him to to post in english outside the NL (dutch) section of the forum.

whoami

Quote from: martin on August 17, 2008, 08:38:25 PM
If there is no 'pak' map in the simutrans folder he has to create one.
He actually has to first download a pak, in addition to the program. Otherwise, the choosing dialog will not provide something to choose from, but give only the aforementioned output.

I think that the dialog should give a hint that a pak has to be downloaded and installed properly, before starting Simutrans. (Oh, and wildly clicking around on that dialog makes ST crash.)

michael459

Quote from: martin on August 17, 2008, 08:38:25 PM
[Dutch]  Als er geen 'pak' map is moet je deze toevoegen in de simutrans map.

Let er verder even op dat dit een internationaal forum is: dus buiten de NL sectie in het engels je berichten plaatsen!  Als dat moeilijk voor je is dan kun je je vragen in de NL sectie in het nederlands kwijt. Er zijn voldoende nederlanders op het forum die je vragen kunnen beantwoorden.  En als zij het ook niet weten stellen ze de vraag wel voor je in het engels....

[English] Just responded to the question from michael459: If there is no 'pak' map in the simutrans folder he has to create one.
Furthermore I've asked him to to post in english outside the NL (dutch) section of the forum.
TY ! =D Thanks for the tips !=D
i've got it working WOOT xD
/NL/ ja zal op een andere keer op het ned forum poste =D

PatrickN

I like that choose dialog, by the way.  It makes things a lot easier when you have two or more sets installed.

Good to see you got it working. :)

Painter, in and out of retirement.