News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Translation for the setting window

Started by Phystam, January 13, 2018, 08:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

In the setting window, numeric input components cannot be translated.
I found the simple solution. Please merge it.

In gui/settings_stats.h,

- lb->set_text_pointer(t);\
+ lb->set_text(t);\

for INIT_NUM, INIT_COST and INIT_LB defined functions.

jamespetts

Thank you for this. I think that the reason that these are not translatable is that they are intended to be identical to the actual strings used for settings in simuconf.tab. This is not very user friendly - but a solution would be complex. In principle, a tooltip would be a good idea, but currently labels have no code for tooltips, and the actual number inputs have tooltips automatically stating the range of numbers that they will accept, so any solution to this would involve some non-trivial work in allowing the text labels to have tooltips (or some other creative solution to this issue).

I should note that this is equally an issue in Standard.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

Thank you for your explanations.
However, checkbox components could be translated originally...

Most of Japanese users cannot understand it immediately without translation.
I think this improvement will help non-native speakers to understand.
Since the original text (parameter name) will be applied when the translation data is missing, translation of setting window should be done.

jamespetts

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the checkbox components being translated originally? I am afraid that I do not quite understand.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.