News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Do Industries Grow Their Base Production?

Started by The13thRonin, June 19, 2017, 01:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The13thRonin

If a farm is producing 200 bushels of wheat and I am delivering 100% of that produce per month will the farm ever grow more fields so that I can deliver even more wheat?

For example the farm grows to 220 bushels of wheat supply after a few months?

Does this happen in Standard, Extended, both or neither?

Vladki

Farms, forests and similar industries can grow more fields (depending on which pakset you play) and increase production. But I do not know the rules that trigger growing more fields. Also delivering workers, mail and electricity will boost production for some industries.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

The industry boost feature from Standard is also present in Extended; some industries can expand their production by the supply of mail, passengers and electricity.

There are plans to change how some of these things work in the future, but this is some way off at present as there are higher priority projects in progress.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Unless it has recently changed, Extended will upgrade industries based on the time line. A low output forest will be replaced with a high output forest as time progresses.

The13thRonin

It'd be nice if demand increased the production level of factories.

Jando

I would agree with James here, not a pressing issue.

On any map I have made supply of goods exceeds demand of that goods by a large margin - even without taking productivity boosts into account. Placement of industries during map creation alone seems to guarantee that supply exceeds demand.

DrSuperGood

The spawning algorithm is such that every time a city reaches a population milestone an end consumer industry is created. If there is not enough supply for the new consumer then a number of suppliers may be created as well. Exception being if suppliers do not exist due to timeline constraints.

jamespetts

The spawning algorithm is different in Simutrans-Extended (and versions of Simutrans-Experimental after 7.0), such that industry growth is tied to population growth; however, the algorithm still makes sure that there are enough suppliers for each consumer industry.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.