News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Where can I change the "loading time"?

Started by SuperChuCu2, January 10, 2015, 02:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperChuCu2

Where can I change the "loading time"?
Version 120 was added vehicle loading time, but I can not found in the setting dialog.May somebody help me? ??? 

Ters

This is not a global setting, but a setting on each individual vehicle just like capacity and running cost. As such, it is determined by the pak author. Vehicles without a loading time get a hard-coded default.

Václav

And also, in setting of line you may set how léong vehicle will wait in station - but I am not sure what time those numbers (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ...) represent.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Ters

Quote from: Václav on January 10, 2015, 05:59:45 PM
And also, in setting of line you may set how léong vehicle will wait in station - but I am not sure what time those numbers (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ...) represent.

Since the text is "month wait time" (in English translation), it would follow that it is how many months vehicles will wait. Only fractions are possible choices, though, so it can't wait more than one month. This is something completely different from loading time, and has been around much longer.

Václav

Quote from: Ters on January 10, 2015, 06:46:53 PM
Since the text is "month wait time" (in English translation), it would follow that it is how many months vehicles will wait. Only fractions are possible choices, though, so it can't wait more than one month.
I play with 22 bits per month. So one month is quite long. And cars really don't wait all month if I set them on any line they should wait one month. There waiting time is few hours, not month. So, I ask what is relation with length of month.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Ters

Quote from: Václav on January 10, 2015, 05:59:45 PM
those numbers (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ...)

Quote from: Václav on January 10, 2015, 08:50:14 PM
So, I ask what is relation with length of month.

Exactly as you wrote. That's at least how I understand it.

An_dz

It's not minimum waiting time, it's maximum waiting time. The vehicle will depart once it reaches the minimum load you have set.

SuperChuCu2

how to set the loading time of the vehicle? what is the parameter in the pak file .dat?

An_dz

It's loading_time if I'm not wrong, just check in the source of some pakset.