News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Which pak or addon??

Started by Mr.Spissky, November 27, 2015, 07:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Spissky

Does anyone know how to get the pak/addon that is on the first page on simutrans.com?

Mr.Spissky

Thanks! But how do you get them to the pak?

prissi

That so far is unfourtunately still a work in progress. You will have to do this manually.

Although multi-tile city building might show up in a newer version, given the frequent requests, and even more, the already existing great graphics.

Sarlock

Just download the .pak files in to a pak64 folder that you want to use for them and you'll be able to use them there.  Most of the buildings are accessible via the curiosities menu.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on November 28, 2015, 08:42:08 PM
That so far is unfourtunately still a work in progress. You will have to do this manually.

Although multi-tile city building might show up in a newer version, given the frequent requests, and even more, the already existing great graphics.

Interesting - had you had any preliminary thoughts on how this might be implemented? I have done some preliminary work in Experimental allowing for multi-tile city buildings (especially with respect to passenger generation, attractions, which can be on multiple tiles, being treated in the same way as city buildings for the purposes of passenger generation in the latest development version of Experimental), but this is not complete (in particular, the algorithm for actually building them and finding a suitable place for them to be built; this would, I imagine, require very substantial changes to the whole city rules system).

I should be keen to ensure that any future system in Experimental is as compatible as possible with any such system in Standard to minimise differences on merging and development.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Those buildigns would act tilewise as any other building in the city list. That extra effort in bookeeping sound not too big.

Placement is a bigger issue. I doubt there is a good system of L shapes buildings possible.

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on November 30, 2015, 09:16:10 PM
Those buildigns would act tilewise as any other building in the city list. That extra effort in bookeeping sound not too big.

Yes, I think that I have that covered in Experimental, although you may want a different implementation in Standard, since my implementation is closely linked to the new passenger generation system in Experimental.

QuotePlacement is a bigger issue. I doubt there is a good system of L shapes buildings possible.

Yes, this is the hard part. This is a bit like trying to teach Simutrans how to play Tetris, I imagine.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.