News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Map Generation

Started by thisandthat, January 02, 2018, 02:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisandthat

Is there a guide on map generation. I often have to retry a bunch of times to get the industries I want/enough variation.

Do new industries after a while?

Have some favorite start up settings? Or a guide I'm missing?

Thanks

Isaac Eiland-Hall

You can switch into public player and most paks have menu buttons to place factories and connect them to each other, although it's rather tedious to do so, and obviously wouldn't be randomly generated. But it's possible.

Other than that, perhaps boosting the number of industries in the map creation would help, and if it's too many on the map, using public player to remove some.

That's what I'd suggest. Maybe others will have other ideas.

Leartin

Depending on the pakset you play, factories might depend on climates, hence if not all climates are available or only in sparse amounts, this might influence which factory chains you get.

Yes, new factories spawn on the map. This is dependant on city growth, which is dependant on how well stuff (goods, pax and post) gets delivered.

If you use the Editor with the public player, as Isaac suggests, you also have an option to generate a complete chain by placing an end consumer. While the end consumer usually appears close to where you click on the map, the rest of the chain is pretty much randomly generated and already connected the way they should be.