News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[120.0, pak192c] Lakes go from ground level to sea level when loading saves

Started by 1993matias, August 17, 2014, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

SOLVED

Hi there,

I recently encountered a problem. When loading a saved game, lakes go to sea level instead of ground level. Happens only with this save, and another save in the same game session.

Image:

Simutrans 120.0 r7175
pak192.comic 0.3

Sorry for the brief post, but the wall of text I had written disappeared when the forum rejected the attached save (too large)

Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL13clucqWlY1VBYmFDNWZZOFE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help!

Leartin

If it happens only with this save/game session, it's probably useful to upload said save file (eg. on the site http://files.simutrans-germany.com/) for others to test.

Leartin

seeing that there are other mistakes as well (river, rails and streets on sea, trees in desert) it looks a lot like the game was accidently opened and saved with an older simutrans version which did not yet have the new climates. That meant wherever you were on sea level, water appeared, and wherever water was, it was set back to sea level as well.

If that assumption is true, there is probably no automatic way to fix it. There is a tool to fill a basin with water for manual use (not in any official pak releases, since it's not in the latest simutrans stable), but even with that there seem to be basins that can't be fully filled. Also, while you can change shallow water to grass, you can't change water with a way on it, so you'd have to remove the ways first.

Ters

Quote from: Leartin on August 17, 2014, 03:26:36 PM
seeing that there are other mistakes as well (river, rails and streets on sea, trees in desert) it looks a lot like the game was accidently opened and saved with an older simutrans version which did not yet have the new climates. That meant wherever you were on sea level, water appeared, and wherever water was, it was set back to sea level as well.

I'm quite certain an older version of Simutrans would not have been able to load the game at all. Loading and saving is backwards compatible, but not forward compatible. A possibility might be that the game was saved as an older version, which I think is a setting somewhere.

1993matias

Thanks Learthin,

The thing is, I've only used this version of simutrans, once to create the map and save it, and once to load it today. Seems very strange, because your explanation sounds reasonable

I doubt  it has to do with that setting, because I made some tests with the same game in pak192 and pak128, and both saves turned out perfectly fine: no lake problems, and the created AI players were not edited at all, and no other AI players were created.

kierongreen

First line of saved game is:
Simutrans 0.99.17zippak192.comic.0.3
It has been saved in an older save game format that doesn't support water heights.