News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

fatal error on loading savegame

Started by acki, November 09, 2010, 09:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acki

Hello,
I can't open my latest savegame anymore, I get following error message:

FATAL ERROR:
planquadrat_t::rdwr()
Error while loading game:
Unknown ground type '19'
PRESS ANY KEY

The thing is I always save games under a new name so I can go back to a previous savegame for in case something doesn't work. But the previous savegame, which I loaded successfully earlier today now also gives me the same error...
Does anyone know what this means? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Combuijs

Hmm, maybe reinstall your pak? Looks like something is missing or unreadable there.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

acki

Hi, that's what I thought, but it didn't change anything...

prissi

You are sure your harddisk is not full? Because either this or a broken savegame can result in this message.

Albeit there were some revisions which produced broken savegames after rotation with some paks. But you did not give any informations on that.

acki

My harddisk is fine; 13GB free space should work fine I guess :D
I use pak128.British, but expanded with some elements from pak128.German, pak128.Japan and de normal pak128...

prissi

Actually, the exact version of the executable is needed (as shown on the starting screen). Furthermore, pak128 had some headquarters which could produced broken savegames with 102.2.x

acki

I am using nightly version 102.3-3830. I had that rotation problem before in PAK64 and someone managed to fix the rotation of the savegame. Is there a way I can change it myself? If it's a known issue it'd be good to know how to fix it actually...

Thanks