News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Recent posts

Bug Reports / road under halt (r11091)
Last post by Andarix - March 22, 2024, 10:57:14 AM
It is possible that public roads under player halt can be built over by other players.

This means that the player can no longer build over his own halt.

road _under_station.png

There is currently a contradiction that streets can be built under other players' halts, but not halts on other player streets.
I think r11092 is in an incomplete state. r11095 works fine.
Thank you for your work on font reform so far.

However, the display of Japanese fonts is slightly abnormal.
Japanese fonts are somehow all biased towards the top.

But this has been the case since fonts were changeable. (few years ago)
In particular, the font selected by default is noticeably closer to the top.

I guess this reflects the characteristics of the alphabet.
In the alphabet, many letters are near the top. (Only some characters, such as pgy, are closer to the bottom.) But that's normal.

EDIT:
Among the Japanese fonts that can be selected, I think that the only font that I thought was displayed in the correct display position is "MS Gothic".
Bug Reports / Github Actions - Automated Tes...
Last post by Andarix - March 22, 2024, 08:24:35 AM
Quoterun-tests-linux
Node.js 16 actions are deprecated. Please update the following actions to use Node.js 20: actions/checkout@v3, actions/cache@v3. For more information see: https://github.blog/changelog/2023-09-22-github-actions-transitioning-from-node-16-to-node-20/.
Pak128 / Re: Pak128 cost balance, speed...
Last post by Andarix - March 22, 2024, 07:42:40 AM
Quote from: obluda on March 21, 2024, 02:38:49 PMI play on stable, true. And I suspect lots of perspective players would play on stable since logic suggest, nightly builds are for devs, stable is for fun.
This is news for me and I fail to grasp what motivation might be to not fix old and known bugs, since keeping them in-game kinda chase new or casual players off. :-|

Bah, nevermind. Since my post generally address problems and mechanics of stable branch, I hope it will help someone to not write game off.

I can understand your disappointment. A new release with all bug fixes is in preparation.

Simutrans is not developed commercially but for leisure purposes. And free time is scarce for many people. Unfortunately, Simutrans has very few active people at any time. People come and go when their private and professional lives no longer leave enough time for Simutrans.

And that's where we come to the pak128. There hasn't been anyone who cares about it for years. Because Simutrans as a program is one thing and the pak128 as a package is another.

And what was said for pak128 also applies to many of the other packages for Simutrans.

Wiki - List of Pakset
Simutrans-Extended bug reports / Re: Crash with new line
Last post by deMangler - March 21, 2024, 04:49:00 PM
Quote from: Ranran(retired) on March 21, 2024, 03:19:09 PMhttps://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-ex-fix/actions/runs/8376773224
You can download the build that matches you from the bottom right of this page.
EDIT:It seems that you need to register and log in to a github account to download the executable file.

If the crash cannot be reproduced using this build, it means the bug fix will be successful.
That fixed it !
:)
Last post by Ranran(retired) - March 21, 2024, 03:19:09 PM
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-ex-fix/actions/runs/8376773224
You can download the build that matches you from the bottom right of this page.
EDIT:It seems that you need to register and log in to a github account to download the executable file.

If the crash cannot be reproduced using this build, it means the bug fix will be successful.
An error starting Simutrans after this patch was reported on Discord

I think it will be better if we ship a default font instead of relying on the system font. Not only we will avoid situations like these, we can also guarantee that the first user experience will be a good, unified one, regardless of its system.

Yes, it will come at the cost of a few MBs, but It will be worth it, and nobody cares about a few MBs when games today weight dozens of GB.

Tangentially related, in the middle of this being incorporated, OpenTTD also announced they would be switching from bitmap to TrueType fonts. And they made a font from scratch to ship OpenTTD with (unfortunately for European languages only, for now).
Last post by obluda - March 21, 2024, 02:38:49 PM
Quote from: TurfIt on March 21, 2024, 02:10:14 PMI suspect you may be caught up in this bug: Bug in speedbonus.tab with air vs air_wt
As the stable release is soo old, it's not fixed there - use a nightly, or the workaround in that post.

I play on stable, true. And I suspect lots of perspective players would play on stable since logic suggest, nightly builds are for devs, stable is for fun.
This is news for me and I fail to grasp what motivation might be to not fix old and known bugs, since keeping them in-game kinda chase new or casual players off. :-|

Bah, nevermind. Since my post generally address problems and mechanics of stable branch, I hope it will help someone to not write game off.

Last post by TurfIt - March 21, 2024, 02:10:14 PM
Quote from: obluda on March 20, 2024, 12:53:12 PMBase speed is computed as average speed of vehicle available in class as per timeline. Everytime new vehicle is introduced of obsolete removed from depot shop, base speed is recalculated for whole class - engines, cars, passenger trains, etc.
The above is the 'legacy' calculation used only if speedbonus.tab is missing. Otherwise the values from speedbonus.tab are used which are fixed, not defendant upon available vehicles.

Quote from: obluda on March 20, 2024, 12:53:12 PMSo far, at least for pak128 vehicle profitability has no relation to settings in speedbonus.tab.
For example aircrafts are reported as weird and unbalaced.
I suspect you may be caught up in this bug: Bug in speedbonus.tab with air vs air_wt
As the stable release is soo old, it's not fixed there - use a nightly, or the workaround in that post.

Quote from: obluda on March 20, 2024, 12:53:12 PMLetting cargo trains on express track, means flushing premiums on passengers down the drain.
Winding tracks forcing deceleration or detours are thing to avoid at all cost, especially with express lines. Terraforming is expensive, but may be considered cheap when compared to missed profits.
For speedbonus purposes, the actual achieved speed is irrelevant, only the achievable speed is taken into account. e.g. If too many wagons are added to the train for the loco to pull at full speed, the reduced max speed is used. Also, if the convoi's speed is limited by a slow speed limit, the tiles reduced limit is proportionately used.  If a convoi is slowed due to traffic congestion, red lights, etc., it still counts as traveling at its max speed in the speedbonus calculation.
Last post by deMangler - March 21, 2024, 11:12:41 AM
I found this thread while wanting to report:
FATAL ERROR: minivec_tpl<T>::[] - index out of bounds: 0 not in 0..-1
Aborting program execution ...

When clicking schedule this happens.
until it is fixed, where can I find the most recent working version?
Thanks.