Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

What seeds (map numbers) do you like?

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, February 26, 2014, 01:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'll start. #43 is a great example of what I like. Here's a rough version:

And here's smoothed out a bit:

That's 256x256, but it also works well at 320x320. Larger than that and it loses the special rim-island-big-bay effect.

I love lots of tiny islands that are close enough to bridge... Never found a seed that works well that way, alas. :)

So what great ones have you found?

(I also love making the snowline in summer close to the water and pretend to play in the arctic. I wish there was a way to limit factories to, say, oil-type lines so i could generate an arctic-like map without having to manually place factories and connect them all... heh)

Ters

I like maps in excess of 1024x1024, and it appears that all maps turn out as the interior of southern Finland, except perhaps a bit more hilly. Big seas, lots of land and many small hills seems like an impossible combination.

kierongreen

The "southern Finland" effect can never be eliminated entirely unless you go down the route experimental does of have different scales for the perlin noise waves. One way to reduce it is to set map height to 1000 and map noise to 1.

Red_Wraith

Map 94 is quite nice. It has some good opportunities for transport via ship.

In my attached screenshot you can also see the settings for water level, mountain height, map size etc. because the map number alone won't be enough to recreate this map.