News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Problem with generation PAK64 from SVN (revision 126)

Started by wernieman, January 23, 2009, 09:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernieman

I get a libpng problem with generation the PAK64 from the svn-sources

Systen: Linux
makeobj: 49
PAK-Version: 126

Error (only one):
Quotemake all
===> PAK64 factory
===> PAK64 ground
libpng warning: Invalid pHYs after IDAT
===> PAK64 ind

I test the server and it was not the Server linpbg..
I hope you understand my English

vilvoh

It usually happens when you use Shades and you don't copy and paste the resulting image in another new one. The strange thing is that if you pak it, and makeobj obviously complains about it, the game is able to load that pak. I mean, it seems to be a warning not an error.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

wernieman

But the png is not from me ... so this information is "nice" for the PAK-Developer .....

vilvoh

I guessed so...my doubt is why is not possible to compile the pak from SVN is that's only a warning not a error, that might cause problems while playing. When you get that message, the compilation process halts? It's not possible to compile the pak if there's just one warning?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

wernieman

The PAK was build BUT .... if THIS objekt is in the PAK I could not test (today)

VS

Given how PNG works, it should be a non-lethal bug. pHYs only says what is DPI of image and is not critical for decoding.

Shades use another library, which should ensure good order of chunks. Apparently it does not work.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

... I see that I get the same Problem with PAK128 ....
@VS I send you a pm ...

Frank

Quote from: wernieman on January 23, 2009, 09:01:01 AM
I get a libpng problem with generation the PAK64 from the svn-sources

Systen: Linux
makeobj: 49
PAK-Version: 126

Error (only one):
I test the server and it was not the Server linpbg..

check the bark file ( SchoonerBark.png )

this error is from Blender png files

VS

Per PNG specifications, this is a recoverable error and should only result in ignoring information about DPI. No problem, we do not print these pictures in paper ;)

I fixed Shades so this does not happen with them any more (version 5.1). I will also check which images have this problem... if I can.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!