News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Plane Pak

Started by Zeno, September 14, 2008, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Hi guys, I've been painting some new planes for the pak those days, and also fixing some problems on existing ones. By now there are A300, 310, 320, 340 and 380 Airbus models, as well as 707, 727, 737 and 777 Boeing ones. Some of them are in cargo versions and some aren't. I will create new ones to fill gaps I find in the cronology, but btw this is what is available at the moment.
I leave here the paks themselves, so you can enjoy them if you want. They're still not finished at 100% (maybe 80 or 90) but I think they are now much more playable than last version. Actually I can't play without them!

Edit: Updated pak.

Edit: New A380 version 2.0 here

gauthier

Your planes are nice but I remember that you created Concorde, could you join it here ?
(I like much A340 in Air France skin  :P )

DirrrtyDirk

I'd say the engines on the A340 look too big...

And as a German I'm kinda missing Lufthansa - but maybe that'll be part of the Boeing fleet?  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on September 14, 2008, 07:37:21 PM
Your planes are nice but I remember that you created Concorde, could you join it here ?
Needs some remaking, but I'll join it ASAP. Now bonus system is taken from a file instead of the vehicle's speed, isn't it??? If so, I will include it in the pak, because I left it appart to mantain economy balance due to the impact of Concorde's speed in the bonus system.

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 14, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
And as a German I'm kinda missing Lufthansa - but maybe that'll be part of the Boeing fleet?  ;)
I'll take a look at that A340 engines... Btw there's also another bug: the 707-320B is four engined instead of twin  :-[
After correcting these engines, I plan to draw some Douglas planes, as well as 757 or 767 from Boeing. I'll make a Lufthansa livery for a one of those.

DirrrtyDirk

707: true - didn't see that either.  :o

One minor issue (for me at least) is that none of these mentioned models are part of Lufthansa fleet IRL. (Well, Lufthansa Cargo uses MD-11Fs) but else it is just A319/320/321, A300-600, A330-300, A340-300/600, B737-300/500 and B747-400,

For LH Cityline there's Avro RJ85 and Bombardier Models CRJ900, CRJ700, CRJ100/200

Oh well... as long as you keep publishing the sources, I might just convert one or two myself.  ;)

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 14, 2008, 08:52:08 PM
One minor issue (for me at least) is that none of these mentioned models are part of Lufthansa fleet IRL....A330-300...
I heard A330? I think it's in my list (actually I have to draw it ... I think it's the substitute of the A300 when it retires!). Maybe in a couple of days...  ;)

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 14, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
Well... IRL they're really huge... You can see some pics in this website. Anyway I'll take some measurements later.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Zeno on September 14, 2008, 08:58:08 PM
I heard A330? I think it's in my list (actually I have to draw it ... I think it's the substitute of the A300 when it retires!). Maybe in a couple of days...  ;)
At least it is shown on this list...

Quote from: Zeno on September 14, 2008, 08:58:08 PM

Well... IRL they're really huge... You can see some pics in this website. Anyway I'll take some measurements later.
True. I remembered them smaller (even on the older models they are bigger than I thought - not to mention the 500/600 models...) So they maybe right - just looked really big on first glimpse.

Zeno

Lufthansa operates 14 A330-300. I still have not decided if will draw the 200 or 300 variant. You can see some detail about it at the wikipedia entry.
Anyway, I have an invitation for the brazilian Embraer, and Lufthansa has about 30 orders for the 190 model (see here). They will be flying next year (expected).
I'll write down it by now, and later on this week I'll take a look and decide. Thanks for ur comments!

Zeno

Done first renders for the A380 Freighter with UPS livery. I'll try to get it coded tonight. Here is part of the png (real size).

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Alex. Brose

Big, bigger, biggest.

There will be a reeeeeeally big shadow under the plane. A plane as big as a cloud, hehe.
Nice. =)

Zeno

However, is not a real model. No A380-800F have been ever built, and the 27 orders there where either cancelled or refitted... So we won't see any one flying at least in short term... Well, actually only we will see it... in Simutrans!!!  8)

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on September 14, 2008, 07:37:21 PM
I might include it in the main pak later on. By now, I've recoded it and now is available at top of the topic ;)

fuzion_051

where can I download this? I can't seem to find it here (what's the file name?).. :-\

vilvoh

Download the rar file attached to the first post, I guess

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

fuzion_051

That's what I did but the planes did not appear, even though I'm not using the timeline.
I

Zeno

You have to extract the three PAK files that are compressed inside the RAR, and put them in your PAK128 folder. I've been testing it yesterday all the day, and worked fine all of them... is strange  ???

fuzion_051

Is the RAR file you're referring to the one you attached here? It's because the RAR file I've downloaded here is an inextractable file (in my case).

vilvoh

Perhaps you don't have the proper program installed to extract rar files (i.e. winrar or unrar) I've just downloaded that RAR file (the one attached to the first post of this topic) and I've been able to extract the pak files from the rar using Winrar.

DirrrtyDirk

Just to make sure: do you have winrar (or another program capable of hadling rar files)? IIRC winzip cannot do this, also the internal windows XP zip file handler won't work...

EDIT: Wow!  :o  vilvoh beat me by 7(!) seconds...

fuzion_051

I see..I haven't got any programs that can handle RAR files. (I only got XP's extractor).
Are there any free RAR extractor programs available online?

vilvoh

I think Winrar is free for private use. You can also try Free RAR Extract Frog

VS

Also PeaZip is quite handy, even if you use it only once a lifetime.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Back to the planes themselves :) - and another issue of scale  :(...

Your Boeing 777 appears to be too small. In real life the 777 is quite a bit bigger than the A300 (wingspan +15/20m and length +9/19m - depending on model) - while your Boeing looks smaller than that Airbus (at least the DHL-Post version) in the depot...

Also compared to the A380, the 777 is too small (the -200 versions are less than 10m shorter and the -300/-300ER versions are even about 1.5m longer than the A380-800.)

And the A380 is now correctly aligned on N/S - but E/W is still off.

wernieman

When you will unpack rar, you can use 7zip ...
http://www.7-zip.org/

And this IS free  ;D
I hope you understand my English

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 11:28:08 AM
Your Boeing 777 appears to be too small. In real life the 777 is quite a bit bigger than the A300 (wingspan +15/20m and length +9/19m - depending on model) - while your Boeing looks smaller than that Airbus (at least the DHL-Post version) in the depot...
The 777 is off-scaled... I rescaled it taking a look to a blueprint as backimage, and it seems that that blueprint is not correct, because the 777 fuselage is 6.19 m width, about 1.6 m. more than all the airbuses. By length it should be exactly as long as the A340; actually, 10cm longer ;)
I'll have to take a look at it  :-[

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 11:28:08 AM
And the A380 is now correctly aligned on N/S - but E/W is still off.
I did last changes (just in E/W alignment) yesterday evening... when did you looked at it last time?

Thank you very much for the details!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Zeno on September 16, 2008, 12:53:14 PM
I did last changes (just in E/W alignment) yesterday evening... when did you looked at it last time?

Just before I wrote that post - and I had just downloaded it before.

Quote from: Zeno
Thank you very much for the details!

No problem - just trying to improve your already very good work!

BTW - once you are done, could you maybe create a set of sources all in plain white - so I could maybe add some more liveries in the future?

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM
Just before I wrote that post - and I had just downloaded it before.
>:( I'll take a look at it ASAP!!

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM
BTW - once you are done, could you maybe create a set of sources all in plain white - so I could maybe add some more liveries in the future?
Maybe... but it depends of how much work it will need. Not before I finish with all of them for sure, but maybe later on ::)

DirrrtyDirk

No hurry at all - as I said "once you are done". May even take months as far as I care - just one day would be cool.

Mac_#71

Ah, are fantastic!  8)
You have done a really good job, congratulations! ;)
You also have placed your previous PlanePakA.  ;D
But the "Concorde" is not a bit too expensive? :-\
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

Zeno

Quote from: Mac_#71 on September 16, 2008, 08:42:56 PM
Ah, are fantastic!  8)
You have done a really good job, congratulations! ;)
You also have placed your previous PlanePakA.  ;D
But the "Concorde" is not a bit too expensive? :-\
Thanks! The Concorde has doubled price and running cost, I might re-balance it. Anyway, I plan to do a total re-make of all the planes (including concorde), with full and precise rescale, maybe during this and next week.

aeroplanes

wow, who created this? great job, but can't find the file to download

aeroplanes

guys, you know, actually the A380 has lots of defects and not suitable for flying

Zeno

Well, it's not perfect, but does the job for me...

aeroplanes

ya, it is good to use in Simutrans, but in real life, i am not longing to take it