News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

simutrans experimental server

Started by Vladki, June 20, 2016, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

(a quick sidenote: the swedish server appears to have crashed together with an "out of bound" note. Forgot to take notes on the information unfortunately. Would you be able to turn it on again?)

Vladki

Downloaded version is OK.

After make clean and make (again), I got differences only in Clyde cargo ship holds

Debug output from swedish server:

ERROR: rail_vehicle_t::activate_choose_signal():        could not reserved route after find_route!
For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum:
http://forum.simutrans.com
FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - 7koord3d: index out of bounds: 338 not in 0..214
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
FATAL ERROR: vector_tpl<T>::[] - 7koord3d: index out of bounds: 338 not in 0..214
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
Aborted (core dumped)

Started again

jamespetts

Ahh, that might well be because I did not update the compiled version that I uploaded after fixing the cargo holds.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

So finally, the server is up again, with british pak on standard port and swedish pak on 13355. The games are probably a bit older, and may need some rearrangements in convoys and signal.

Vladki

Experimantal server with british pak is restarted. James lease check the desync issues. I have noticed that there was a config change in sumconf.tab about frames/sec and server_frames_per_step. That may have gone unnoticed for a long time causing time sync issues, as I usually update only the binary and not the config files.

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on November 27, 2016, 01:50:46 PM
Experimantal server with british pak is restarted. James lease check the desync issues. I have noticed that there was a config change in sumconf.tab about frames/sec and server_frames_per_step. That may have gone unnoticed for a long time causing time sync issues, as I usually update only the binary and not the config files.

These things will not cause the Windows/Linux desync issues as these are settings transmitted from the server to the client. Thank you for updating, however.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

server.exp.simutrans.com has been updated (both british and swedish instances)

Vladki

Sandbox servers at server.exp.simutrans.com are updated to latest commits. Evryone is welcome to test.

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you very much. I am working on getting the Bridgewater-Brunel server working, too.