News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

New factory chain discussion

Started by An_dz, September 02, 2011, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

I'm creating this new topic to continue the discussion about new factories that started here.

Here's the new factory chain diagram:

Should we add the rubber factory and latex or make latex=rubber and skip the rubber factory?
By the way, here in Brazil there's a ghost city in amazon called Fordlândia (Fordland) Henry Ford created this city to produce latex for his tires. But the city didn't worked, the american style houses were too hot for amazon and few years later the synthetic latex was created.

sojo

I think, somebody can paint a tyre-factory and a sport-item-factory.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

sojo

Sorry for doublepost: I have made from 2 Threads only one new.

The left chain is very long. Should we make it shorter? What do you think about, only latextrees give a good to the tyrefactory?

An_dz

Yes, I also thought it was too long, let's remove the rubber factory.

We just need to choose between rubber and latex. It's just how good the sound since both are almost the same thing.
PS.:I know it have differences.

The latex trees can have a little factory (building), just like the greenhouse. This can be the rubber factory, where they process the latex.

sdog

the rubber processing at the plantation is a good idea. you can have rubber as output of chemicals plant and latex plantation. do you plan to use both in parallel or seperate those by different timelines? (chemical plant after 1950 before latex plantation?)

instead of having a workshop (repairing cars?) you could deliver tyres to the car dealership.

sojo

To make a few trees to a plantage is not many work. A small house and this is it.

A workshop is included, so if somebody paint a car dealer and mayby a tyre dealer, we can deliver to them all.

reytm2

Hello, This is my proposal for tire factory ...

Greetings ...

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

sojo

The buildings and the truck looks good.

But the tires should a bit smaller!? I'm not really sure.
The Fence is to holey. The tyres can roll out. ;)

PS. No black border at ground of street. The buildings need a blackline at bottom.

reytm2

The fencing could be concrete then. tires when I do smaller... not well defined... but nothing is impossible.

An_dz

I agree the tires are too big, they look like those iron reels. I'm not sure if that's how it's called. I'm talking about this

I didn't know Mitsubishi make tires. Look the white tankers. :)

Edit:
Quote from: sdog on September 03, 2011, 03:44:10 AM
Do you plan to use both in parallel or seperate those by different timelines?
I think different timelines will look better. Maybe trees from 1900 to 1970. And synthetic from 1955.
But since latex trees are still used even nowadays, I'm not sure.

reytm2

Well, here is the tire factory reconfigured ...

- Small tires.
- Concrete Fence.
- Lines under the buildings.

If it is okay ... I create the Sources with space for the button.

QuoteI didn't know Mitsubishi make tires. Look the white tankers.

When I made the symbol of the tank did not think mitsubishi.

but after all, because no... maybe Mitsubishi decided to create  simutrans tires ...  ;D

sojo

Is your emblem awry?

The wall have no blacklines.

And what button do you mean?

We need a snow version.

An_dz

@Reytm2
I think the wall should have the same color of the factory. It's too gray. Make the top of the wall black. It's enough for the blackline sojo said.
The tires color is too light. Use color #adaaad for the middle part and #313031 for the tire. I tested here and it looked good.

Another suggestion, I think you'll like, it make a cool effect:
On the big gates/doors let one pixel line the original color and the above line a darker gray, than again a line with original color, and keep alternating the colors.

Off-topic: Your user bar is read Simutrasn.

@all
I'll start a sports shop. I already know how the logo will look:

sojo

Your logo is nice. I needed a second view, to see it. ;)

reytm2

@ Sojo, the button I was a translation error, sorry ....

with snow and the version is created ... just need to repair the details ... I realized the subject lines of the wall.

upload full version soon.

@ An_Dz Thank you for noticing the user bar.

reytm2

Now I want to introduce the sport Items factory.

The symbol on the roof, in the beginning was the adidas .. but it is better not to mess with the trademarks

appreciate your suggestions again ...

sojo

No trademarks, logos and something similar will be in pakset. So it is good to use it not. :)

If you use sometimes this windowcolor it is ok. But normaly windows should be dark. See in pakset.

The factory is very beautiful.

Edit: Spelling error.

reytm2

Dark windows then ... no problems ... :)

Thanks

reytm2

Here a view of the factories ...

tires factory: (I use a brick effect to the wall).

Sports Items factory:

An_dz

Great, looks fantastic. Just the bricks are too big, I created a brick effect and sent you the source by email.
In truth it's based on Alex Broose brick effect. Broose, now I'm your fan, your buildings have so cool effects.

The Sports factory is perfect, I can't say anything. It's modern, beautiful and the shadow effect on that blue thing is really well done. But now I got some ideas:
Remove the SPORT on the truck, just add some modern stripes with the same blue the factory. Something like this
And I really liked the car parked, maybe you can create parking lanes on this area.

I've finished one view of the store. I also used that brick effect and the logo:

I thought the logo won't be good, but it did.

reytm2

Has been a little abandoned this topic, and we still have a couple of industries by do...
according to the diagram we lack ...

Latex trees and rubber factory, and i corrected if i'm wrong ...

i'm going to find documentation on these industries to start one...

very good sport store An_dz.

i greet

sdog

we could also have a LaTeX chain, input coffe, output papers ;-P

greenling

The photos looks good out.
Get the new Factorys as open Scoure?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

reytm2

At least my work, are under licence "Artistic License 2.0"

see here...

;)

An_dz

Quote from: reytm2 on September 29, 2011, 11:15:28 AM
according to the diagram we lack ...

Latex trees and rubber factory, and i corrected if i'm wrong ...
Rubber Factory is not needed Reytm2, the chain was too long. We decided to skip it.

Quote from: reytm2 on September 29, 2011, 11:15:28 AM
very good sport store An_dz.
Thanks Reytm2, have you got my email with the tire factory with new brick effect?

@Greenling
My work (addons) are under Creative Commons - BY-NC-SA unless I explicit say it's not.

You need to give my Username (An_dz) and if you want: give a link to the forum profile or contact me to use another site by me. (Not necessary but can help people find more work by me.)

sdog

An_dz, that license (CC-BY-NC-SA) is slightly more restrictive than artistic license. (that is mostly due to the NC). This is usually not an issue, but might get complicated if for example a CD would be made and sold at cost covering price. (this should afaik be possible with artistic license 2.0) Same for example with an apple iphone app (even if it is free of charge). If you do mean to restrict such usage, it is completely fair, however if you don't mind this you could just allow exceptions for fair use. (eg, non-profit)

this is quite a bit off topic, should this topic be split?

reytm2

Ok, if the factory rubber is not necessary. the chain is complete with the trees of Latex ...

this is my proposal ....

@An_dz, I received the e-mail without any problems, is attached to this message.

Thanks.

An_dz

The Latex trees are beauty. :)
Let's check more industries that can be enhanced in 96comic. Some still have little chains.

@sojo
Why the forest and the cellulose factories are not connected?

@sdog
Thanks for the info. I'll check this issue. For now I'll stick with CC-BY-NC-SA.

Václav

Latex trees are beauty ... but not that water tower. Its tank is a bit strange. I would like to suggest its change - to simplier shape. Bottom part is quite odd - like if it would not be connected to top part at such place where it should be.

I think that between top and bottom part should at least grey link - and shading of parts should be a little different from each other. So I would like to suggest following to enforce effect of right connection:

1. grey link between top and bottom part of tank
2. at least darkening of shadows on top of bottom part - or
3. improving of shadows on bottom part

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

sojo

Quote from: An_dz on September 30, 2011, 07:45:02 PM
@sojo
Why the forest and the cellulose factories are not connected?
That is a good question! :)

alexbaettig

I like the discussion about a new industry for pak96.comic and I like the overall look of the Rubber trees. But aren't they tropical plants? So why did you bother drawing a winter image? This also implies that there has to be some kind of placing rule prohibiting this odd image...

An_dz

Snow image: all buildings in pak96comic have snow image, even tropical. Specially because you can set it on Simutrans.

Tropical plants: They are not only from tropical plants, it can be taken from lot of plants with milky fluid. Just that the one that have a better production is the Seringueira (name in Brazil for Hevea brasiliensis). As Wikipedia states:
Quote from: wikipediaLatex is produced by 20,000 species from over 40 families occurring in multiple lineages in both dicotyledonous and monocotyledonous of plant. It is also found in conifers and pteridophytes

Here are some screens from this plant: img1 - img2 - Collection of images

reytm2

Thank you very much for all your comments.

@Vaclav, Take the figure of that tank at a Rubber factory real (image...). The color is a very light blue which is why the party that receives the light is white and shaded part blue. Anyway i am going to review their suggestions for improvements in future versions.

@Alexbaettig,  As said An_dz it is necessary to create the view of winter, imagine it is snowing in the whole world of simutrans less in the trees of latex, I would have no meaning.

Václav

... oh, oops ... From that picture I commented it seems like they have a little different shape. So, one thing stays in the air - that construction that carries that tanks needs change.

1. construction has only front part - but there should be part also behind that ?hose that leads from tank to building
2. tanks needs to be fully held by that construction (construction should be around tank)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

reytm2

In this PNG work the bars of the back of the support of the tank.

for the support of the tank, use simple points, to make more visible the tank.

these points there are in reality ...