News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[pass and mail class] Crash on startup

Started by Ves, August 24, 2017, 08:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Hi james,
a small bugreport:

The game is completely unplayable currently, it crashes within seconds.
To withnes, start the game, press "new game" and then it should crash very soon.

The debugger breaks in (thanks to the msvs debugger) simworld.cc, and it always break at either line 7168 or 7172.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I am having some trouble reproducing this. Can you check that you are using the latest version of the code?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Hmm, I think I did as I usually do but will double-check when I get home. 

Ves

I do get the error, even though I am using the latest commit of "passenger-and-mail-classes" (commit: 35818f35cc5aa735b53a8aae04b8c2e1932a31d8).
I tried compile a new makeobj, use that to compile the latest passenger and mail classes pakset, but with the same result.

I use the msvs 2015 on windows 10

jamespetts

That is very odd. Do you get this error when generating maps? May I ask what map generation settings that you are using so that I can reproduce your conditions as precisely as possible?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

Simply by starting the game, after a few seconds it will crash. During that time I can manage to press "load game" and my savegame, which will load, and then it crashes after some seconds. I can be really fast and press "new game" and "start game" and a new game will start, but also crash within seconds when that is started.

I send my savegame to you here so you can try and see if that crashes on you: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/classes_GUI_vehicle_tests.sve

The only thing I have changed in simuconf.tab is "singleuser_install = 1"

jamespetts

I am still having trouble reproducing this. Can you check whether you are using the latest pakset version, too?

Ves

Hmm, I think something went wrong when I pulled changes from you into my own branch. I thought I had tested the "passenger-and-mail-classes" branch, but it appears now anyway not to cause any problems.

I will continue my work on a new branch instead, and you can consider this to be resolved, thanks! :)