News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Bad 1750 ship passenger loading times.

Started by DrSuperGood, December 04, 2017, 03:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

I reported this in another thread which seems to have been ignored so I am posting it here.

The "East Indianman" and "Brig" first and second class passenger holds are missing loading times.  They should take 2-3 hours (East Indianman) and 0.5-1.5 hours (Brig). This is to prevent a possible exploit where one can have 0 loading time by forgoing very low class and mail and only offering first and second class. Although it makes vague sense that first and second class might have lower loading time than other types due to lower density and priority service but it should certainly not take 0 seconds. Since all other types of storage take as long to load I would suggest using the same values for first and second class.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. This is actually a code bug, which I think that I have now fixed on the master branch, and which fix should be available in to-morrow's nightly. I should be grateful if you could confirm whether this has been fixed.

Incidentally, the reason that this report was ignored earlier is that it is extremely hard to keep track of bug reports that are not posted in their own thread - I did post an explicit request on the thread discussing the server game for people not to post bug reports on that thread for this very reason. I should be very grateful if you could follow that guidance, as it makes keeping track of what bugs are outstanding vastly easier.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.