News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

British Trains for Pak 64

Started by Carl, April 17, 2013, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quick question: It appears that only a convoy of the same type can be added to the existing one in the depot, so is there any way to modify the convoys from the British train pack so some of the more unusual workings can be reproduced?

For example, the odd class 150 makes it down to Portsmouth Harbour from Cardiff Central attached onto a class 158, when this route is primarily 158s only, or (even more rarely) a 450 will be attached to a 444 on the early morning/late evening services to London Waterloo.

Can't wait for the next update! :D

Carl

That's a really good idea. Hopefully I'll find some time over the Christmas break to make that happen and upload the backlog.

KneeOn

Carl, have you got a regular and experimental update to this? I know theres a lot of new units in the save game but experimental broke for me so i'm using 120.0.1 for the time being but only like using the British Pak.

Also, for what its worth with your map, the canal way on the Japanese set you used as a base has got a lot of walk ways and station buildings you could use to beef up stations should you need. I don't know if you saw it but i thought it looked useful.

I have more units waiting to be finished off when I get time but a new job has gotten in the way!

Carl

With many apologies for the extreme delay, here's the updated version of the British Trains for Pak 64 release:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/BritishTrains.rar

This should contain everything seen on the GB map, for both Standard and Experimental. Do let me know if there are any problems.

This is a full release now so I'll remove the unnecessary beta tag from the title of the thread.

KneeOn

Ali

So I was passing through Reading yesterday, and finally saw some of the FGW 166s sporting their smart new livery after their recent overhaul, and I've made an attempt to emulate it using Carl's wonderful 166 model as a template!

I know the 'Dynamic Lines' livery always garnered a bit of a polarised opinion, so I was wondering if anyone here has seen the new livery on the 166s, and if so, what their thoughts were?

KneeOn

Having worked for FCC i liked the Dynamic Lines and FG Livery. It looked professional. I've not seen the new FGW 166 but have seen the (IMO) rather ugly VTEC 225 livery on the ECML. Its red and wavy with two blue (that well known Virgin branded colour) bars running along the train just below the windows.

Ali

I agree with you there, there have been many good liveries on the ECML, but the most recent addition is not a favourite of mine!

Another repaint, this time attempting a FGW class 153. Once again, all credit to Carl for the original model!

KneeOn

I had hoped for a darker grey, white and perhaps yellow trim much like VTWC but alas. I wasn't too keen on the EC livery but it was acceptable if a little bland. GTR's new liveries seen on the 365's and i think will be stock on the 700's looks minimal but classy - kind of like the new Android version with simple shapes and only a few bold colours. I think both the 700 and the 800 would look good in First Group colours or perhaps a totally new livery.

That painting is a very good job!

Carl

Nice work Ali! I like the dynamic lines livery though it's pretty hard to recreate in just a few pixels.

Zach

Hi Carl,

I don't know how to install the pak if anyone could help me....
or what pak do you use as a base for all the addons

Thanks

Ali

Been toying with a new design for the SWT Desiro fleet (444 & 450), using the class 360GA as a template, let me know what you guys think!

Carl

Nice work Ali! I think those were ones that I didn't get around to improving.

Ali

Thanks Carl!

Sadly, however, I can't run makeobj on Mac, so I can't actually put any of the new skins into my game. Does anyone know a way around this?

jamespetts

Are you able to compile Makeobj from sources on your Mac?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Even a slightly older makeobj will work for almost any feature. I think there was one compiled until last year January by Werniman.

NoMorePacers

I've been working on this:
An FGW-liveried 142, from which they carried when they were based in Devon from 2008-2011.
Apologies for the fact it is rather crude, it's my first attempt and I don't have the steadiest of hands.
Full credit to Carl for the original model.

Lewis

Where can i find the original?

NoMorePacers

It's in the pak/sources folder.

Lewis

And where is the sources folder?

Lewis

Yeah, I see that now, did not see that, Thanks

NoMorePacers

I can't post my train for 2 reasons:
1. I can't compile makeobj because...
2. DOSBox is being a pain.
I could send you the .png and the .dat files if you wish to compile them to .pak files, which would be some help, if you're interested I may give you a PM.

NoMorePacers

The files are here:

Carl

As it stands that PNG is the wrong shape. You need the square containing each image to be 64x64 pixels (or 128x128 for pak128). At the moment yours are 400x133.

I've attached an example you can use for reference. I recommend GIMP for editing, though many other tools are available!

NoMorePacers

A new paint, this time the class 150 in GWR green with .dat file, fresh for compiling:
Apologies for the mess of green, it was for trying to get the right shade of green.

Lewis

Nice but it needs tidying up abit

Lewis

GWR class 365

Carl

Nice work! I hadn't yet seen these liveries - I like what they've done with them.

Lewis

I've also done a 166 and 387

NoMorePacers

Here's something. The new Northern 319's. It's based on Carl's original model, and the original .dat file:

Lewis

May I introduce to BR HST?  ;)

Lewis

Valley Lines:
Class 142
Class 143
Class 150

fam621

I haven't seen the Northern Class 319 pic because its removed or expired.