News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

The Future Herald

Started by jamespetts, April 22, 2015, 10:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I hope that nobody minds me mentioning this here, but I have recently started a website, The Future Herald in the form of a news website about events that have yet to happen: it is intended to bring together the parodic styles of publications such as "The Onion" and the "Daily Mash" with a slightly more serious (and hopefully at least slightly prescient) take on the future. Feedback welcome.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I've certainly mentioned my pet projects here because I don't think it's bad at all - it's good to know what we're all up to. I'll check it out! :)

Vladki

Nice reading. Good to kill time while commuting. :)

Ters

I've also dabbled in writing fake newspaper articles back in my mid-teen years. They were a lot sillier, being based on a fictional comic strips location, with only a few hints of parody or satire of the real world. I remember creating the fake ads, which were parody, and probably a lot funnier. The ads seems to be lost, though. The only article I have that makes sense without context is about a man having earned his 42nd doctorate (likely creating new doctorate degrees along the way), which judging from the last one are all completely nonesensical and useless. Lack of photograph of the "polydoctor" is explained by him being a nudist. (That last bit is a joke that doesn't work anymore, with all the nudity in Norwegian media these days. In fact, it recently became apparent that Norwegian programs for children are less restrictive than Facebook.)

MCollett

jamespetts

Quote from: MCollett on April 23, 2015, 08:59:11 PM
Wouldn't feed-forward be more appropriate?

Ahh, yes, that too possibly!

Incidentally, do "like" the associated Facebook page here.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.