News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Nightly server with achievement system

Started by Dwachs, October 14, 2013, 08:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwachs

I created a new server running the nightly and pak64 from the latest release 112.3.

There is a script running on the server implementing some achievement system:

http://servers.simutrans.org/list?detail=kinderscout.msm.cam.ac.uk:65123#kinderscout.msm.cam.ac.uk:65123

Enjoy!
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fifty

I've been getting a lot of desyncs on this server to the point that it is very difficult to play (every 2-3 minutes, whether or not I do anything or just look at the map).

here are the last few lines of -debug 2

Warning: nwc_tool_t::rdwr:    rdwr id=8 client=12 plnr=2 pos=161,264,5 wkzid=4102 defpar=(null) init=0 flags=0
Warning: network_check_activity():  received cmd id=8 nwc_tool_t from socket[900]
Warning: karte_t:::do_network_world_command:    sync_step=2333504  server=[rand=3412970325 halt=1 line=1 cnvy=1] client=[rand=3412970325 halt=1 line=1 cnvy=1]
Warning: network_check_activity():  received cmd id=9 nwc_check_t from socket[900]
Warning: nwc_tool_t::do_command:    failed with ''
Warning: karte_t:::do_network_world_command:    sync_step=2333520  server=[rand=3955370019 halt=1 line=1 cnvy=1] client=[rand=2507502007 halt=1 line=1 cnvy=1]
Warning: karte_t:::do_network_world_command:    disconnecting due to checklist mismatch
Warning: karte_t::network_disconnect():   Lost synchronisation with server.
World finished ...
Show banner ...
World destroyed.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Dwachs

This is a real error :/ nothing you can do on your side.

Edit: Did you have these frequent desyncs with servers running older versions of the program?

Fifty

No, I can stay connected to the 112.3 server II perfectly fine, just confirmed.

prissi

Probably worth to compile your server with serversavegameversion bumped to 112007?

Dwachs

Quote from: prissi on October 21, 2013, 09:36:11 PM
Probably worth to compile your server with serversavegameversion bumped to 112007?
It is compiled with standard trunk simversion.h, which sets savegame version to 112007 iirc...

Fifty, which OS are you using? Maybe I could set up some debug servers and compile executables for you to find revisions which do (not) work.

One idea I had: maybe the new code to allow more than one station per tile is not network safe in some regard?

Edit: Fifty, could you try the following: write 'threads = 1' into simuconf.tab in My Documents/simutrans or ~/simutrans. This will disable the multi-threading for you. If it does not work, then I will restart the server single-threaded to test again.

Dwachs

Fifty

Happy to help testing if you put the server back up; too bad the save is corrupted. I use Windows 7, SDL historically (at one point in time I think SDL would desync less than GDI, but this was long ago) I will try single-threading and GDI. Please feel free to PM me details; I should* receive those quickly by email.

Dwachs

Started the server with some backup savegame for debugging purpose. Maybe you could help with some regression testing to see which revisions yield desyncs?

Dwachs

Server restarted with a new map. Have fun!

Dwachs

Server crashed, I do not know why. Started with r6906 and latest available savegame.

Does anybody have a hint under which circumstances the server crashed?

captain crunch

Quote from: Dwachs on November 22, 2013, 10:02:48 AM
Does anybody have a hint under which circumstances the server crashed?

Probably when I altered the terrain. Also it tends to lose synchronisation when altering terrain which is indicated by bridges and power lines not being built before dropping the connection. After reconnecting, the bridges/power lines were built though.

Dwachs

Server crashed. I do have a core file. It looks like a road sign was not properly deleted from a tile.

Does anybody have any hints what happened immediately before the crash? Player going bankrupt? Construction works that deleted road sign?