News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[0.9.0] maglev TE and cornering speed

Started by ӔO, September 10, 2013, 02:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

I think TE could be reduced further.

The shanghai maglev can do 350km/h in 120 seconds, so it is indeed quite fast to accelerate.
yet, 200kN per car is excessive, so I would suggest 50kN, which would still make it faster to accelerate than other express trains.

Cornering speed could be much better than what it does now. Maybe around 350km/h for a 45 degree corner.

---

oh, and I think the freight maglev capacity can be lowered to match what is available with rail.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Thank you for the suggestions. Do you think that all maglev vehicles should have the same 50kN per vehicle, do you think that all existing maglev vehicles should have a reduction in their tractive effort by a factor of 4, or some other specific implementation?

As to cornering speed, this is difficult to set directly at present, as it the 45 degree cornering angle is based on a proportion of the base track speed. I should like to change this at some point, but have not been in a position to do so yet.

As to capacity - what sort of capacities do you think realistic for the specific maglev vehicles in the pakset? "Matching rail" does not tell me which rail vehicles need to be matched...

(Also: should some of these changes, particularly to capacity, be propagated to Standard, too?)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

50kN for every set seems about right.

For capacity of freight, I think under 80t total would be suitable, so that should make them 60 capacity.
The slower track weight limit should be raised from 50t to 80t to match.

The faster track should be left at 50t

I think it would be best if the numbers were the same between standard and experimental, yes.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: