News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Simutrans 88.10.5 download

Started by PV, June 04, 2012, 02:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PV

Hello.

I've got a question: I would really like to play with the Simutrans stable 88.10.5 and when I try to download it from the Simutrans Forum Archive, it
won't just start it because the links there are dead. I also tried to explore other sites for it, but they just give me the 99.17. What to do?
Where can I find it?   

Combuijs

If you have Windows, I can make a zip for you.

I also have a pak128 that goes with it.

If you enter an e-mail address I can send it to you.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

prissi

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

greenling

But on sourceforge gives no more Paksets for: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/simutrans/88-10-5/ .
And addons For 88.10.5 are very rare!
Ps Dont delet my Posts!
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Honestly, why do you wish to play such an old version?

DirrrtyDirk

Emil Sawicki

Thank you, I love to play old versions too. There's no way to find 88.10.5 nor 88.10.4 on Sourceforge, because oldest version you can see there is 99.15.
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Emil Sawicki on June 22, 2012, 10:35:03 PM
Thank you, I love to play old versions too. There's no way to find 88.10.5 nor 88.10.4 on Sourceforge, because oldest version you can see there is 99.15.

Ok... I already linked it in my earlier post, so claiming that it doesn't exist, seems a little... futile.  ;)
But ok here's another proof (if links aren't enough) ;D:

So I hope now we all agree: there is a 88-10-5 on Source Forge. And yes, it can actually even be found. ;) (Meaning: it's not secretly hidden away somewhere ;) )

IgorEliezer

I have older and earlier versions for Windows. Anyone interested? ;)

and so on...

Fabio

Couldn't we put them on sourceforge? It would be useful for archive purpose.

IgorEliezer

I was thinking of making some kind of museum, not a museum, but a page where people could download ancient milestone builds. It's a way to show the visitors that Simutrans has involved a lot and, perhaps, motivate people to get involved with the development. But, we need to make clear that these versions are unsupportable.

Oliver

Quote from: IgorEliezer on June 23, 2012, 12:37:35 PM
I have older and earlier versions for Windows. Anyone interested? ;)

and so on...

Oh man I still love the 0.80 version - simple and sleek. If you can upload the 80s to somewhere, I'd love to give them a try again. Much appreciated!

prissi

With great bugs, like passenger will wait forever on a connection, even if no convoi is there nymore ...

Roads

Many thanks Prissi and all who have worked and fixed all that stuff.  For me, I have no desire to regress, I'm a huge fan of progress.