News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

"No suitable way on the ground" whenever I try and build a railway platform

Started by mspljd1990, August 18, 2016, 05:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mspljd1990

Any idea what is causing this error message to pop up? I've googled it and no results.

Junna

You need to place railway platforms on an existing track. Platforms require a way before they can be built.

mspljd1990

Quote from: Junna on August 18, 2016, 05:21:58 PM
You need to place railway platforms on an existing track. Platforms require a way before they can be built.

That's what I'm doing. Would I need to demolish the track and rebuild it?

Also is it possible to lay down platforms without having to rotate the map to suit it's positioning?

Vladki

No need to rotate. Arent you trying to build a platform on some other type of way? Like a bus stop on tracks, or narrow gauge stop on standard gauge track?

mspljd1990

Quote from: Vladki on August 18, 2016, 05:47:04 PM
No need to rotate. Arent you trying to build a platform on some other type of way? Like a bus stop on tracks, or narrow gauge stop on standard gauge track?

I'm using the standard platforms. I've tested them out by building them on standard lines and they seem to be built fine, with no hitches.

One factor may be that I'm modifying a savegame.

mspljd1990

Quote from: Vladki on August 18, 2016, 07:12:34 PM
are you building on your own track?

No, and it won't allow me to demolish the track, says I don't have permission to do it.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.