News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

What does this mean?

Started by Junna, May 27, 2014, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

This began at 11.30, did not get this message prior, things loaded fine.

jamespetts

This is a pakset error - is this a pakset that you have compiled yourself?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Indeed, it is. I suppose I shall have to try re-compiling?

jamespetts

You could try that, although I am not sure what change could possibly have made a difference between 11.29 and 11.30 such as to give rise to this in the latter but not the former case.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Hmm, I did so, and now it loads further, but crashes at the end, this time reading: "way_reader, etc, Invalid Version 6"

jamespetts

What version of Makeobj are you using? 0.9.1 works without difficulty with 11.30/11.33.

Junna

The one included with 11.33, I assume that is the relevant one?

jamespetts

Hmm - this is very odd. The exact same pakset works with version 11.29?

Junna

Yes, there was no crash earlier.

Addendum: There seems to have been three files, way.narrow-mothballed, and similar tram and regular track, that were causing this issue. It is odd how these files were previously just ignored, however.

jamespetts

Hmm, if these are separate files, your system of compilation is very different to mine.

Junna

I compile them manually into separate files in order to track down things in case there's an error and replace individual things when they change rather than replace the entire set (I don't use the automatic compiler script, I make a .bat for compiling the necessary files separately.)

jamespetts

Actually, I have just realised: mothballed ways are a new thing from the way-improvements branch. They are not compatible with the 11.x branch. Mothballed ways should be only on the half-heights branch of the pakset. There is some confusion between versions here, I think.