News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

r6336 Mac – illegal instruction: 4 leading to crash

Started by alexbaettig, February 18, 2013, 04:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbaettig

The latest nightly build crashes upon opening on my mac (10.8.2). It says in the terminal window "illegal instruction: 4".
I had this problem before, however, it disappeared with the nightly before the present one.
Thanks for any help!

Ters

Ters

I need something more precise than that.
Edit:
More specifically, a combination of the first two columns in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Intel_processors

alexbaettig

The processor is called 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo in a MacBook Pro. I can't tell you more specifically as I don't know where I find this info.

Ters

That should do. A Core 2 Duo is modern enough to support the advanced instructions that were bothersome in the Windows nightlies this fall. To try to pin down where and what the bothersome instruction was, I would need more details from the crash, but I have no idea how to get that kind of information from Mac OS.

alexbaettig

Still does not work with r6340. What further information would you need? No crash report is being generated as the program didn't even start – so nothing to be gained there.

Ters

The crash report is generated by the OS (or the debugger, if attached, but it doesn't sound like you're the person to have one). Windows used to show these details prominently (until XP or so), but now just stash them away in the event log and optionally send them to Microsoft.