News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[half-heights] Transformers and Half-heights

Started by Rollmaterial, February 15, 2016, 01:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

Power line tunnels can't connect to underground transformers as they can't be built at the first underground level.

jamespetts

Do you mean that powerline tunnels cannot be built on the first underground level, or underground transformers (substations) cannot be built on the first underground level?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

Powerlines cannot be built at the first underground level.

kierongreen

You'll need to check the code here for powerlines and transformers to see they both take into account half heights. In half heights mode neither should be able to be built 1 level below ground as clearance is required as with ways.

Rollmaterial

I am reviving this topic as this still hasn't been addressed. It is particularly impeding when an industry is at its minimum amount of fields, which thus cannot be removed to make room for a surface transformer.

jamespetts

I don't think that I ever got around to looking into this. Can anyone confirm whether this works any differently in Standard?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

kierongreen

Not got access to Simutrans just now to check but transformers should be built two levels beneath the ground so can connect.

jamespetts

Quote from: kierongreen on January 02, 2018, 09:37:24 AM
Not got access to Simutrans just now to check but transformers should be built two levels beneath the ground so can connect.

I am afraid that I do not follow: can you elaborate?

Frank

Quote from: kierongreen on January 02, 2018, 09:37:24 AM

Transformers can only be built in the underground on the colored area of the factory. And the colored area is 1 level below the surface.

How should it be possible to build something that needs 2 height levels?

With height_conversion_factor = 2 it is therefore impossible to build transformers under one industry.

That does not work in Simutrans standard either.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I have moved this report to the Standard section, since Frank has confirmed that this is an issue in Standard, too.

Frank

Quote from: jamespetts on January 02, 2018, 02:29:46 PM
..., since Frank has confirmed that this is an issue in Standard, too.

mmh

120.2.2 r8162 - pak128 2.7

Sometimes it works, then not again. Then the level switching will no longer work.

Dwachs

This should be fixed in r8370 please test: there were two bugs. Sometimes double-height way clearance was correctly initialized, and underground transformers did not take double-height in account.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

kierongreen

Rollmaterial

It doesn't seem to be entirely fixed yet, I still cannot build a transformer under the sawmill at Bugbridge on this map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MvQDMC3-qmpmUUMOwf4eKguxYuqZUvyn/view?usp=sharing

jamespetts

Possibly a very apt name for the local town.

Dwachs

@Rollmaterial: This is a savegame from Simutrans-Ex? It should be fixed in standard, also James applied the fixes to Extended. I cannot load this savegame to test.

@James: could you please try to reproduce with this savegame?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Apologies for the delay in testing this.

When I open the saved game, I see that a substation has already been built underneath the industry, so I am not sure that I understand the problem, I am afraid.

Rollmaterial

Of course I mean it still builds only one level underground.

jamespetts

I am not sure that I fully understand the difficulty - apologies if I am being slow: the substation appears to be correctly connected to the power line already (look at the Net ID on the power line and the substation - both are the same).

Rollmaterial