News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Pak 64, version 120.1.3 crashes every 15-30 minutes

Started by eliankorsaan, January 19, 2017, 01:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliankorsaan

Hi there,

I have a problem with my version of Simutrans for like a halve year. When I play a game, its randomly crashes every 15-30 minutes, sometimes only one hour later. I don't know what I am doing wrong, and don't know anything about programming.. Can somebody help me? It's really annoying, so I hope it can be fixed. I have allready deinstalled a version, and installed the newest again.

I hope somebody can help!

Thanks in advance. :)

DrSuperGood

Try using a nightly build and see if the crash persists. I think some crashes have been fixed since the last release.

If it still crashes can you provide the save for debugging?

eliankorsaan

Ah well, thanks for the quick respond. I will try in the nightly build version!

Thanks!

eliankorsaan

Quote from: DrSuperGood on January 19, 2017, 04:15:11 PM

If it still crashes can you provide the save for debugging?

It crashed again, but in another way than it did...

DrSuperGood

QuoteIt crashed again, but in another way than it did...
How was it crashing originally?

Please upload the saved game. If any non standard pak64 extensions are being used please link or upload them.

eliankorsaan

Quote from: DrSuperGood on January 20, 2017, 12:23:34 AM
How was it crashing originally?
First, before the Nightly built version, the programme just got stuck, without any report or something.

Quote from: DrSuperGood on January 20, 2017, 12:23:34 AM
Please upload the saved game. If any non standard pak64 extensions are being used please link or upload them.

I don't use other extensions than pak 64.. I've tried to add the save of my game, but its too large for this forum unfortunaly. So here is a link to download it from WeTransfer https://wetransfer.com/downloads/2c6fe105e4f8853348e8a1a0a557f19f20170120091129/2fa18ccd5acd27298f0992f7859827b620170120091129/3e0ca3

DrSuperGood

I ran the save at fast forward speed for 30 minutes using a self-built non-debug nightly and did not encounter any crash. Without being able to reproduce the crash I cannot debug the cause.

Ters

Maybe it has to do with some settings, and not (just) the particular map.

DrSuperGood

QuoteMaybe it has to do with some settings, and not (just) the particular map.
Could also be something as a result of user interaction. I doubt he just sits around running the game on fast forward occasionally moving the camera for 30 minutes before it crashes, which is what I did to test for the crash.

Ters

Possibly, but after experiencing problems for such a long time, I would expect that eliankorsaan noticed some connection to doing something in particular, not just a loosely time-based rule. When first reading this, I started wondering if it could be the autosave that crashed the game.