News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Simutrans Addons

Started by greasemonkeyredneck, August 21, 2008, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasemonkeyredneck

I'm running version 100. My question concerns addons from addons.simutrans.com. What versions can I add to my game and get to work properly without too much problem? For example, Computer Industry, version 06-2006 is listed on the site. Will this work with version 100? If so, do I just download and unzip it into the pak files of the game or is there more that I have to do?

prissi

Most likely any old pak will work. It will, for instance, ignore climates, or such.

Pak that does not work are: old crossing, and very old tunnels. Everything else should do fine. Given new tunnels and crossings and the new toolbars, even the graphics from and original 84.xx pak should work.

mobo

in addition to prissis post: Yes, unzip the files and put them into the pak folder. You don't need to do more.

TommPa9

every from pak128 or pak64...(when you have pak128-you can use only pak128 addons atd...) a lot of this addons is but in regular simutrans... (sorry for my english)

Ormac

You Add only the add-ons you want to use.

Getting Addons for PAK128 or PAK64 depends on which PAK you use.

Look in your simutrans folder (e.g ..\Games\Simutrans)

If you have a pak folder listed here then download the PAK 64 Addons.
If you have a pak128 folder listed here then download the PAK 128 Addons.

And yes add-ons are incompatable outside their intended pak.

Pak 128 Add-ons will not work for pak 64 and pak 64 add-ons will not work for pak 128

Ormac 8) 
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com

DirrrtyDirk

You noticed that this question was from 6 weeks ago?  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Ormac

Uh .... No I didn't  :-[

I thought I was responding to someone confused about the number of add-ons they needed, or which particular pak they had installed.

I guess re-reading  the post perhaps I took the wrong interpretation from it

Ormac 8)

Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com