News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

(devel new) Right click in map window, movement peculiar [Also Standard -r8033]

Started by Junna, January 28, 2017, 02:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Movement is strange in map window, when holding down right mouse button; movement seems to accelerate and move in a jerky fashion, very hard to control.

jamespetts

Thank you for reporting this. This is a difficult sort of issue to fix, as it occurs in code that is not intended to have been altered from Standard and with which I am unfamiliar. Do you know when this first arose?

Edit: A brief test with the latest nightly (r8033) suggests that this occurs in Standard, too, so I will move the thread and rename it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

It looks like it was broken when the scaling feature was introduced in September. I'm not sure why the resetting of the cursor position was disabled for the map view, when it still is functional for the world view. The result is that scrolling accumulates.

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Dwachs

Could anybody with access to windows machines test whether reverting the change of r7882 to gui/map_frame.cc fixes this?

here is the commit https://github.com/aburch/simutrans/commit/9e57203c0671cfc7c7e1d2d8926b708680f758f9
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

I submitted this on a window7 system. Now, I have a window10 system and run into the same bug. Removing autoscale would also fix another bug, although on screens like my laptop (11inch 2k) Simutrans is really too small.

Ters

Simply uncommenting the call to display_move_pointer works fine for me, but that does probably not indicate much, because no scaling appears to takes place. It does however mean that dragging the map will work for those that do not scale, which is probably a lot more than none, but I do not know how bad the effects are for those that do use scaling. I can not see how it should be different than for dragging around in the world, though.

prissi

But you cannot move very far, it will stop quickly. The main map moves with the same mechanism. So there is rather a bug at work. I am on to it.

EDIT: Ok, autodpi should finally work without artefacts (unlike before). Enabling the pointer reset was enough for the minimap.