News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

New Player Road Vehicles

Started by checksumdigit, July 01, 2012, 07:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checksumdigit

Hi All,

I've been working on new road player vehicles, since there are only a few trucks in the game currently. Here I'm introducing 8 new truck cabs and 8 new trailers that will work with the new trucks.

A100 - classic 1930's style cab over engine
TC100 & TC150 - 1950's style cabs, TC150 being the more powerful option
HD 50C and HD 150C - 1970's work horse trucks, for heavier loads
C100 - early 80's freight cab
DC100 - 90's intercity cab
LH250 - Long distance haul cab with sleeper and lots of extra power.
The DC100 and LH250 were both based off the in-game city car garbage truck cab. I rebuilt this cab with player colors and then added the sleeper for the LH250. I'm not sure who made the garbage truck, but credit goes to them also for that one. The rest were all drawn by me.

The trailers introduction dates are staggered by a few years to keep you upgrading every few years.

I plan on releasing more trailers for other goods (bulk/wood/liquid)... I'll start on those when these are finalized. I've also already started putting together smaller trucks (without trailers).

Please try them out and let me know what you think. They are not totally final yet. I still need to do some more alignment work on some and set prices/running costs. If you have any ideas for other trailers that should be created, or input on these 16 additions, please reply.

Thanks all!

Alex. Brose

Nice work, checksumdigit! :)

The garbage truck is basically from sojo and me. But it does not matter. The credit goes fully to you.

checksumdigit

Thank you Alex! Lots of credit does got to you though. I started playing with the garbage truck cab to make only 1 truck and I ended up making 8 cabs with trailers and other vehicles to  be released soon!! Also, If it were not for your beautiful buildings, I would not play Pak96c so much :-)

Alex. Brose

Quote from: checksumdigit on July 01, 2012, 08:12:21 PMAlso, If it were not for your beautiful buildings, I would not play Pak96c so much :-)

:D

An_dz

The trucks are great. Already in my addons folder.

Quote from: checksumdigit on July 01, 2012, 08:12:21 PM
If it were not for your beautiful buildings, I would not play Pak96c so much :-)
Me too. You gave me inspiration for the 'sports store' I've created.

reytm2

@checksumdigit, Impressive... a very good job ... I will add "now" to my pack ... Congratulations ...

@Alex. Brose,  My respect for you ... is a great designer ...   :thumbsup:

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

Fabio

Those trucks look sweet! Great painting job!

Bergente

Very nice trucks! I'm looking forward to see more of them!

reytm2

@checksumdigit: I am compiling an extension of pak96.comic with all new objects created since the release of version 0.4.10. I would like if you do not mind, I do get the source codes of their work for inclusion in the final file.

Greetings ....

checksumdigit

reytm2, I'm still working on correcting the alignment of the graphics. I also have some additions to the set of trucks /trailers. I hope to have them ready soon.

reytm2

Very Well.

however I hope to have the expansion pak list for next week, if you have not yet completed by that date we can get your work in a new edition.

PS: It is good to specify that you will have all rights of the copyright

reytm2

Other truck  [tractor+trailers]
_

regards

Bergente

Václav

I think so. I have one small request: at least one post truck for later years (after 1979) would be greeted.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

reytm2

no objection to create a mail truck for the years 1979 to 2019.

Václav

Surely - until my request (my previous message in this topic). It was not complain that this vehicle was not prepared - it was request of its creation.

reytm2

other trailers, Post and liquids ...

Greetings ...

Václav

Thanks.

And here (topic Next vehicles) you can download new (probably final) version of tram Urbanica.