News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Next factories

Started by Václav, September 27, 2012, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

After finishing of works on train set Arboria (I hope that An_dz will do all needed for playable set ... very soon), I began work on the first factory. At this time I have basic idea of shape (and painted base; fence is in progress) - but no idea what to produce there (excepting that it will not be oil refinery).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

paichtis

Václav

Surely good idea ... but pak96.comic already has printing works in list of factories - with books as output goods. So it would be bringing of wood into the forest.

In attachment is 1st preview of that factory - base with part of fence.

Factory's headquarters will be in the front rectangle highlighted with grey line on the ground where ends front part of fence. Comicising elements (border black lines) will be added later.

And in attachment is latest preview. Roof of headquarters will get another two decorations. But I am not sure if to make windows shifted to depth of wall or not - but I think that they would not look well in this.

And some days passed, and in attachment you may find another preview. Currently with finished roof - and most of windows. There is hidden a little joke in those windows. If somebody find it (and write it), then he/she may offer reasonable products for this factory.

Another days passed. Factory's headquarters have all windows - and factory have one another part - connecting hall between headquarters and process building(?s).

An_dz

I think windows should be dark, as the door color.
Maybe bigger too, or a single column per floor.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 05, 2012, 12:16:39 PM
I think windows should be dark, as the door color.
It is possible. I will probably make walls of headquarters a little more dark - and then using of basic window colours (77,77,77 and 87,101,111) could be better.

Maybe bigger too, or a single column per floor.
Do you think to merge them into one huge? - with width of both current windows?

Latest preview.

Headquarters got a little darker walls - but windows have not been darkened yet - but don't worry - will be done.

Process building appeared - already with base of roof and also with construction for lift.
It will get few windows - probably only on side walls - where is not anything at this time.
And also it will get some doors - four behind lift construction - and one leading to smaller roof.
Both parts of roof will get some decorations - probably one lift engine like on hq's roof and air-conditioning.

And just, I think that, time for suggestions of produced goods came.

Read this (I wrote it in my previous message):
Quote from: VaclavMacurek on September 29, 2012, 07:36:34 AM
... There is hidden a little joke in those windows. If somebody find it (and write it), then he/she may offer reasonable products for this factory.
and search for your luck in challenge for produced good(s).
Small hint: it is visible at night - and then you must use what you have in your head  ;D

An_dz

Ahh, now it's looking nice.

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on October 05, 2012, 01:14:07 PM
Do you think to merge them into one huge? - with width of both current windows?
I was thinking in merge them into one huge but same height.

Like buildings:
com_96c_089
com_96c_085
com_96c_076
com_96c_028
com_96c_041
com_96c_073
com_96c_036

Václav

I can shift windows to they will look like one at first glance - if it is what you think.
But else I would rather to let them double - else it would not look good at night.
Base height will be kept the same.

An_dz

Do as you want, I'm just throwing ideas.

Václav

And here is latest preview - preview before final changes.

Base of dat file:

Obj=factory
name=...
copyright=VaclavMacurek

Location=Land

Electricity_amount=25
Electricity_boost=500
Mail_demand=10
Mail_boost=200
Passenger_demand=50
Passenger_boost=1000

Dims=3,3

It would be good if all three boosting factors will be used - but they may be changed in accordance with goods that will be produced. And so, in this way this factory would be the first of new generation - because it is time for recoding of already present factories to their boosting factors would give sense. It means that olive tree will not need electricity for boosting of production - but people instead it ... and so on.

I have two minor questions:
1. To make outer line between roof and rest - or not?
2. Which position should have lift cabin? (I think number 2 or 3, counted from bottom)

Minor process notice:
Using of window colours 77,77,77 and 87,101,111 is not lucky option. It give very strange effect.

And here are two (pre-)final versions. Outer lines have been added. Headquarters lost some black lines on walls - but got effect of big tiles on walls (because empty walls only with windows were looking a bit strange). And two versions of windows - original light - and new dark (a little larger).

So, which version will be used?
And which position of lift cabin will be used?

An_dz

Lift cabin would look better at 2nd level.

Those blue lines are looking very strange, I can't understand them.

Floor could be #b0b0b0, It's the sidewalk color. It can be just on the outer area. And that empty space maybe you can add some parking marks.

There are some black outer lines errors:
Quote from: An_dz on August 24, 2011, 01:05:46 AM
pak.96comic Graphics Style Guide

1 - All objects images need an outer black border line. (Eg.: House Walls, Roofs, Trash Cans, Vehicles, Factory Chimneys, etc.)

2 - Objects have a dark and light side, and it's not separated by a black line. It's just the color a little darker. Eg.: A building will have the walls facing south lighter than the walls facing west.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 06, 2012, 10:56:30 PM
Lift cabin would look better at 2nd level.
Thanks. I prepared four positions for case of

Those blue lines are looking very strange, I can't understand them.
I can re-colour them or erase (part of) them (so there will remain only those that will mark height of floors).

Floor could be #b0b0b0, It's the sidewalk color. It can be just on the outer area. And that empty space maybe you can add some parking marks.
What floor? Do you think area of factory (inside of fence) where is not building? I agree it was too dark (76,76,76). But 176,176,176?
In case of parking lot I think so ... that parking marks (lines) are missing - but I must find right span for them.

There are some black outer lines errors:
Quote from: An_dz on August 24, 2011, 01:05:46 AM
1 - All objects images need an outer black border line. (Eg.: House Walls, Roofs, Trash Cans, Vehicles, Factory Chimneys, etc.)

2 - Objects have a dark and light side, and it's not separated by a black line. It's just the color a little darker. Eg.: A building will have the walls facing south lighter than the walls facing west.
I am not sure that some image lacks of outer black line.

All south facing walls are lighter than west facing walls. May be that top side of roof's border and also top side of fence's base could not have own outer black line - but I am not sure. Black line on roof of connection hall was erased.

An_dz

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on October 07, 2012, 08:17:44 AM
What floor? Do you think area of factory (inside of fence) where is not building? I agree it was too dark (76,76,76). But 176,176,176?
In case of parking lot I think so ... that parking marks (lines) are missing - but I must find right span for them.
Just outer area, that very outer lighter sidewalk that already exist. Inside can be 100,100,100. The parking can be a little darker than sidewalk, like 130,130,130.
Print Screen a citycar scene to get the right space for parking lots.

May I modify it to show you some of my ideas?

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 07, 2012, 01:24:02 PM
Just outer area, that very outer lighter sidewalk that already exist.
Ahh, this. Its colour is 178,178,178 - from the beginning.

Inside can be 100,100,100.
I already changed its colour - to 153,153,153.

The parking can be a little darker than sidewalk, like 130,130,130.
I already changed its colour - to 102,102,102. I can switch this with point above.

Print Screen a citycar scene to get the right space for parking lots.
Thanks.

May I modify it to show you some of my ideas?
Yes, you may - if you have some other ideas. For example for, base of connection hall between headquarters and process building. It deserves better colour.

Latest preview, with some final changes, is attached.

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Václav

Thanks, Dwachs.  :)

Have you any idea for production?  ???

Still, it is only image (that is not finished, there are some things that have to be done) - not playable file. And for making playable file I need to complete dat file with lines I cannot set in tilecutter.  :-[

In previews with light windows use shades - and then search for Czech version of Braille's alphabet.

An_dz

Here's a custom version by me.

The changes are:
Front building with slightly different color and new windows, sidewalk extended to door.
Access hall: New wall colors, few changes in roof, no black line in connection between access hall/back building.
Back building: No black line in big windows, top of elevator machinery, and between lower roof and wall. Removed blue line in exhauster.
Removed some black lines in roof walls.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 07, 2012, 07:30:12 PM
Front building with slightly different color and new windows, sidewalk extended to door.
New colour: It seems you chose one of previews ones.
New windows: I am sorry - but I keep my version of dark windows. But it is not needed to be sad, this style of windows will be used on next building, university hospital.
Sidewalk extended to door: Originally I did not see - but thanks. This will be changed.

Access hall: New wall colors, few changes in roof, no black line in connection between access hall/back building.
New colour for walls: Green, very similar to colour of main fence of factory - but a little darker. I think this will be changed.
Roof: Different shade for sides of part that leads to process building. This will be changed.
No black line in ... : This is something where I don't think so.

Back building: No black line in big windows, top of elevator machinery, and between lower roof and wall. Removed blue line in exhauster.
No black line in big windows: Really? I (don't) see ... lines where is visible wall's thickness.
No black line on top of elevator machinery: This was where I was not sure.
Removed blue line in exhauster: This is something where I don't see what you exactly you changed - because I cannot find it. (I found it: it was not intended - it appeared after export to PNG - later I will correct it)

Removed some black lines in roof walls.
Thanks. It was the same also on main fence. It will be changed.

Some changes included.

I hope that this is final - and I can export it per parts into PNG - and re-assemble in GIMP.

An_dz

Two windows in dark side over the front door look smaller than the others.

Why there's a blue line on light side of same building? Maybe it's the same as the other one, when exporting it's happening.

I think parking lots should face the building fence not the road. Or you can extend the sidewalk (the lighter color) from the fence to the end of the parking area. Thinking logically there's more space for handling the cars. Maybe you can add a tree if you extend the sidewalk.

That's all.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 09, 2012, 01:21:44 AM
Two windows in dark side over the front door look smaller than the others.
It was not intended ... too (like those blue lines). But I don't know how this came.
I will try to correct it.

Why there's a blue line on light side of same building? Maybe it's the same as the other one, when exporting it's happening.
You are right. It is export case - like with line on exhauster.
Blue core is covered with transparent tiles - but after export ... I don't know how it appeared when both parts have the same size.

For this time it is deleted with using of anti-aliasing and eraser in GIMP.
Later I will try to correct it with re-colouring of base to final colours (colours got by combination of base with shading tiles).

I think parking lots should face the building fence not the road. Or you can extend the sidewalk (the lighter color) from the fence to the end of the parking area. Thinking logically there's more space for handling the cars. Maybe you can add a tree if you extend the sidewalk.
Turning of parking lots to fence is possible - and the easiest change. Done.

Preview number 13 - attached. Correction of windows still not done.

Final preview attached. Windows corrected. I beg your pardon that time needed to do it was a bit longer than you expected.

So, now it is time for dat file. Have you any reasonable idea for production?

I have found and corrected some minor (hard to find at first glance) bugs. So number 14 lost status of final version. Latest is attached, as often.

Currently I try to prepare also winter version.

The first previews of winter version ready - in attachment.
There are some pixels lighting at night - that were not intended. They will be erased later - after finishing of snow for all objects.

Latest previews of winter version - with snow on top roof of process building.

And as I wrote in message to An_dz, I found material this factory can produce - textiles.

But this idea needs at least three another factories - fields of flax, sheep farm and tailor. So this factory (textile factory) will have to wait to time of finishing of those other factories.

An_dz

The snow is exaggerated, there's almost 1 meter of snow on the ground. Snow is only some pixels high. Remove snow in parking lot, just make it lighter color with some dispersed snow. Create a big city and check how building cover at winter, will help you.

Václav

Snow on parking lot was prepared in way of meaning that snow cleaned from streets and mostly other two parking stages must be somewhere. And snow cleaned from streets is quite dirty. For this snow on parking lot is more grey than white.

Snow on factory floor - one meter of snow is too much? You must live in country where snow is rare.  ??? Snow height of this factory is adapted to highlands, it means main locations of textile industry (in my country ... and may it be that also in Scotland ... and many other ones).

And that snow on roof is not white, there I would make it more white.

An_dz

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on October 24, 2012, 05:04:38 AM
Snow on factory floor - one meter of snow is too much? You must live in country where snow is rare.  ??? Snow height of this factory is adapted to highlands, it means main locations of textile industry (in my country ... and may it be that also in Scotland ... and many other ones).
I never saw snow. There are only few cities that snow here, probably 10 when it's extremely cold, and just for some days. I know that in Europe you probably have tons of snow, but I was just comparing with the other buildings.

Probably the roof snow is my problem, I think the effect is a bit strange. To much like a pyramid.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on October 24, 2012, 11:55:17 AM
Probably the roof snow is my problem, I think the effect is a bit strange. To much like a pyramid.
I brightened snow on both rooves and so now it should be a bit better.

To issue of pyramid effect: snow has the highest point on edge of roof and toward center it is lowered. But shading of snow may be not so perfect - and effect of invert pyramid could be wrong.

Snow in area will be decreased a little.

And latest preview of winter version ready ... (in attachment)

Currently snow for roof of headquarters is under process.

An_dz

WOW, as you change that factory more I get impressed on your work.
Good job Vaclav.

Václav

(Almost) finished. I only have to erase some unwanted night lighting pixels.

Latest preview attached.

Originally I thought about making glass pyramid partially visible but I think that this (when it is fully covered with snow) would be good too - or not?

Final preview - of winter version and also summer version.

Why new preview of summer version? Because I found there lack of two outer lines. And also I made there few minor corrections that are not well visible.

And full source is behind this link. Due to size of archive I had to upload it to my common place, so orders how to download it can be found in topic Next vehicles.

And here is full set of images ready for cutting. Orders for download as above.

If I wrote full set, I mean also images for animation. There are two times seven images - seven for summer, seven for winter. Text of suffixes (vmax, np, sp, sro, as, ks and vos) has been visible in lighted windows - but written in Braille's alphabet. Suffix vmax is my sign. Other suffixes presents czech suffixes of various types of companies.

... and in attachment is added one bonus for an_dz: windows with text andz. It may be included into xcf file - and used.

Václav

I am sorry for double post but it is needed for a beginning of production of next faxtory.

Fields of flax fields ready - and you can see them in attachment. I hope that these four images are all needed ones for fields.

Sequence of images (from top) is:
summer (flax with blossoms)
autumn (flax ready for harvest)
winter (field under snow - and waiting for next season)
spring (growing flax)

... and currently base building is in process.

After finishing of complete set of this factory sources will be published - as often.

And of course, all buildings can be re-used for city types of buildings - if it is usable.

The first preview of main building of flax fields. Currently open barn .... without roof.

Latest preview of main building of flax fields. Currently open barn (still without roof but with all outer lines to it could be also without roof) and also with residence.

At this time I have not prepared any latest preview. I had to improve shape of roof - that northern part is made of only one part. Currently windows are in process.

And I hope that nobody will write anything about business baroque - after finishing.  ;D

And one latest complete preview of residence.
Will be changed:
roof
main door
balconies fences
... and chimney will be added

And here is (probably) final preview - before making winter version.

And latest preview of winter version. There will be one minor change - but else it can be taken as final.

... and final preview.

And for set of flax fields - it means main building with fields. For this time it is a bit larger file. About 14MB.

Download orders as often.

An_dz

Beautiful, loved the building. I just didn't understood that area without snow in the roof.

I don't have any roof textures, but it's nice as it is.

The fields look too flat. Specially the autumn version:
http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/flax-fields.html

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on November 03, 2012, 08:18:42 PM
Beautiful, loved the building. I just didn't understood that area without snow in the roof.

I don't have any roof textures, but it's nice as it is.

The fields look too flat. Specially the autumn version:
http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/flax-fields.html
Area without snow? It is simple. While on factory I made rooves flat (and well equipped with isolation) - and so there snow may be over all area - excepting on roof of headquarters was path between antennas and service entrance. But on house of main building of flax fields roof has been sloped - and not a little (mostly on souther side). So snow will fall down - off the roof - and some parts must be without snow (more or less). And also areas where is not snow, there is no isolation - and snow has not a chance to stay there. And if I let be barn roof under snow at all area, I had not idea of shape for areas that would be without snow.

Thanks.

Thanks for photos - but my flax fields have not been harvested. It is that small but very important difference from those photos. And if other seem be too flat, I have no idea how to make them a little lesser flat. And if, flax is not potatoe flower - to it would grow in high lines. To make  them at least a little shaded I should re-work those three seasons where are flax flowers. And it would take a quite long time - because (and it is not well visible - in this size) - fields are prepared of too much flax flowers (about 96 per line - and there is about sixty lines).

The first preview of tailor - in attachment.

There chimney will be added. I am not sure if to add something more.

This will be in all four directions - because its shape is really simple. And of course, with winter version.

Base of building of tailor finished - excepting it has not chimney yet. I don't know where to place it - at this time.
I will prepare snow after making chimney.

An_dz

The preview is looking good. I like this building style.

Václav

... but it is in double size. I forgot to change size to which it is exported.

And because I found place where to place chimney (top of back side), I began preparing winter version.

... later I can add some (one or two) floors to get more houses (to have some more city res buildings).

Václav

And tailor has been ready  - here. It is on the same place like all extra large files before. So download orders are as often.

So (the first part of) textile chain may be completed - prepared into playable files.

And also, finally, you can see (in attachment) all three basic factories of this part of this chain.
I write about part of chain due to plans to make historical version of textile factory - and may be also one additional source factory.

An_dz

I'm already including the flax good to the input of the sports factory.

This completes the chain we discussed here.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on November 26, 2012, 03:38:15 PM
I'm already including the flax good to the input of the sports factory.
You write about flax - but in introducing table of chain I see cotton. And in any message of topic (outside of that table) is not any word about cotton or even flax. And I read all messages twice.

An_dz

I know, I'm replacing cotton with flax. Apart from snickers, sportswear don't use much cotton for the reason it's 'hot'.
Polyester is used most, but I don't want more goods coming from the refineries.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on November 27, 2012, 11:57:26 PM
Polyester is used most, but I don't want more goods coming from the refineries.
Surely ... I understand. I had idea to mix synthetics and natural manterials ... but may it be.